Soundbar & Wireless Speakers For Sony Bravia TV

Hi, a customer of mine has a Sony Bravia TV. Model # is XBR-65X850C.

What he wants is a soundbar to sit under the TV and two wireless speakers to the side of his couch. Normally I just deal with computers and not this type of thing but I am willing to do it for him.

So is there a sound bar system that can connect via bluetooth to this TV without the need of a cable? I know that the soundbar and the speakers will at least need to connect to the electrical outlet for power which is a given.

But a bluetooth/wireless soundbar and then two wireless speakers would be great if they exist. I have found models from Sony, Visio, Panasonic and others online like at Amazon but in reading the descriptions it seems they all have to connect via a cable to the TV at least.

if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I would like to answer him by the end of the week.

Thanks

51 minutes ago, flynempire said:

Hi, a customer of mine has a Sony Bravia TV. Model # is XBR-65X850C.

What he wants is a soundbar to sit under the TV and two wireless speakers to the side of his couch. Normally I just deal with computers and not this type of thing but I am willing to do it for him.

So is there a sound bar system that can connect via bluetooth to this TV without the need of a cable? I know that the soundbar and the speakers will at least need to connect to the electrical outlet for power which is a given.

But a bluetooth/wireless soundbar and then two wireless speakers would be great if they exist. I have found models from Sony, Visio, Panasonic and others online like at Amazon but in reading the descriptions it seems they all have to connect via a cable to the TV at least.

if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I would like to answer him by the end of the week.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTCT790-Sound-Bar-Support/dp/B01DPRYRYY

It has support for wireless speakers too. 

3 minutes ago, xendrome said:

I believe they all still have to connect to the TV via HDMI, he has asking for one that has no connection to the TV.. because of HDCP I don't think that's possible is it?

You don’t have to wire it; it has BT support. Now if you want to use the hdmi connections on the sound bar itself, you’ll need a wired connection. 

It wil sound way way better with that initial hdmi connection though. 

Thanks for this. I did not see this one. 

I guess I could use non sony speakers correct? I will assume of course it will work better with Sony items though.

2 minutes ago, flynempire said:

Thanks for this. I did not see this one. 

I guess I could use non sony speakers correct? I will assume of course it will work better with Sony items though.

It will need Sony wireless speakers. 

Just now, xendrome said:

Just FYI that soundbar still hooks to the TV, if that's what you were asking for

It *doesn’t* have to if your TV has BT, as I explained. I have this model at home, though I’ve since retired it for a more powerful system. 

I understand now what you mean.

A sound bar will have to be connected with power cord and one HDMI cable to TV and that's all. Since it supports bluetooth the speakers can connect to it wirelessly.

I wish only power cables were needed but I understand. Especially since a quality cable going from TV to soundbar will help a lot. I will relay this to my customer

wow cool

thanks

7 minutes ago, flynempire said:

I understand now what you mean.

A sound bar will have to be connected with power cord and one HDMI cable to TV and that's all. Since it supports bluetooth the speakers can connect to it wirelessly.

I wish only power cables were needed but I understand. Especially since a quality cable going from TV to soundbar will help a lot. I will relay this to my customer

wow cool

thanks

That’s the best way to do it, though it also can be connected via BT. The additional speakers and subwoofer are wireless. 

I think these wireless speakers are the ones you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRSZR5-Wireless-Speaker-Bluetooth/dp/B01ETRYDMK

This is the newer 2017 model of what I posted: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XDN53YC/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

50 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

That’s the best way to do it, though it also can be connected via BT. The additional speakers and subwoofer are wireless. 

According to the manual the soundbar has to have HDMI going to it, only the remote speakers are wireless/BT.

17 minutes ago, xendrome said:

According to the manual the soundbar has to have HDMI going to it, only the remote speakers are wireless/BT.

I guess I must be wrong, regardess having it here and have hooked multiple BT audio sources to it. 

As I said before, you can’t use the hdmi ports on it unless you wire it. Audio out is not hdcp protected once the TV has processed it. You also won’t be able to use the advanced features hat require the hdmi connection like the UI on the TV. 

BT is a simplistic protocol. It outputs what is sent to it. There is nothing proprietary about how this soundbar uses it. 

Edited by adrynalyne