Nintendo DS To Use "Out Of Screen 3D"?

In an article covering the recent Consumer Electronics Show, our own Darren Gladstone discovers what may be a secret component of the system: a 3D display. The article reveals that Nintendo has been in discussions with Sharp to possibly use its 3D display technology in a future portable system.
In this ExtremeTech article on Sharp's 3D display technology, a Sharp employee explains how two TFT LCD screens (the same type of screens Nintendo announced for the DS) can work together to create a 3D view.

http://www.gmrmagazine.com/article2/0,4364,1457657,00.asp

3D_image.gif

Nintendo Co., Ltd. is indeed listed in the Sharp3D consumer list.

http://www.sharp3d.com/3d_display_technolo...ium/thelist.asp

0,3363,i=63124,00.gif

Yeah, but It'll be like the first LCD panels - Move your head 5 degrees, and the colors are all weird. The person looking over your shoulder, can't see a thing....

Arghh really don't like the narrow view range...

but other than that, It would be cool.

More of a toy than a vid game system, but that's what nintendo does!

Its gonna have an small nuclear power plant too? i think its gonna consume a battery per minute

This sounds like its going to fail worst than the Game Gear. Sure its got a cool gimmick, "Wow, its 3D!!!" But that won't last long.

Yerp. Virtual Boy... Wonderswan... WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!???

Anyway, It might win like the technology award or whatever at E3, but I hope I'll never switch to 3 inches 3d....

Now, once the monitor companies finish the LCDs that do 3D, that will be cool (Yes, I know there are some already, but I'm talking about the practical ones they plan on shelling out to NORMAL consumers, not Bill Gates,,,,,)

So its going to suck because someone decided that it mihgt be in 3d? seriously, where were all you guys saying how much the psp was goin to suck when it came out?

So its going to suck because someone decided that it mihgt be in 3d? seriously, where were all you guys saying how much the psp was goin to suck when it came out?

Yeah no kidding.