• Sophos Endpoint
    • Symantec/PC Tools/Norton
    • Trend Micro Anti-Virus/Internet Security
    • Vipre Antivirus
    • Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
    • ZoneAlarm Pro
    • Other (please specify below)

Question

It's a new year, and so we have a new poll for Definitive Best Paid Antivirus.The 2017 thread can be found here.

This is a poll for best PAID antivirus software. There is a separate thread for FREE antivirus software here

If your choice of paid antivirus software is not listed, please choose Other and specify in the comments.

11 answers to this question

I don't like to have an AV running all the time as I'm trying to be pro-active myself when I surf the web.

However, when I do have to periodically scan my system, traditionally, I use Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, KAS, and DR. Web. 

Gave Grizzly Pro and NANO AV a try recently and liked both. Last year, NANO AV received an approval from the Russian Telecom Ministry.

As for my smartphone, my mobile bank's app (Sberbank) comes with its own integrated AV. Sberbank spends billions a year on online protection. It's very secure.

Wouldn't pay for an AV in a million years! Free one's are just as good and more often than not, not so full of the bloat that is way to common in AV's now a days. If I were to pay for one, it would be Bitdefender as I use their free one, some time's and it's great!!

22 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Wouldn't pay for an AV in a million years! Free one's are just as good and more often than not, not so full of the bloat that is way to common in AV's now a days. If I were to pay for one, it would be Bitdefender as I use their free one, some time's and it's great!!

Yep, with so many good packages out there, one can literally run monthly free trials all year long :) 

I voted Malwarebytes Pro (actually it is Premium not Pro)

However, I also have multiple licencies for Eset.   Malwarebytes was my second app, for scans only, until recently, where their antivirus was deemed good, and now on my laptop it is the only antivirus/malware app installed.

I am notorious for switching things up, and I always go for free apps, and tbh I stick the longest with those that show the least ads and that interrupt my experience the least. Some free apps just keep pushing ads or paid services, which can be extremely annoying. When it comes to protection, I've never run into malware (or so I think), which leads me to believe that they all work the same.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:51 PM, Jimmy #1 said:

I voted Malwarebytes Pro (actually it is Premium not Pro)

However, I also have multiple licencies for Eset.   Malwarebytes was my second app, for scans only, until recently, where their antivirus was deemed good, and now on my laptop it is the only antivirus/malware app installed.

Malwarebytes Pro here too, I was actually lucky enough to have been in the beta program for Malwarebytes way back when and received a license which never expires :)

I am a convert from Avast to ESET. Very happy.

It doesn't even try to keep selling you things after you buy it!

• Like 2

I'd thought I'd chime in.  I'm currently using ESET.  Though I've tried Bitdefender (didn't care for the UI and it messed around with Facebook, someway, somehow).  I was looking at AV Comparatives and saw McAfee is doing quite well in the detection department but, utilizes all cores of a CPU and thus bogs down the system when scanning.  I also noticed they don't give almost any way to configure AV scanning or show details of connection blocks with their firewall.