Apple TV Question

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it seemed like the closest fit...

I have an Apple TV hooked up to one tv in the house and love it, but wanted to set up another Apple TV on another tv in the house, but wasn't sure how sync worked between the devices, so I wanted to ask.

I realize that I can turn the dashboard sync on and off, and want to specify that that's not what I'm talking about.

My question is specific to the Up Next section of the TV App.  The one that keeps track of what you've watched and what you have yet to watch.  If I log in to both of these Apple TV's with the same login info, does it sync what I have and have not yet watched across devices?  If it does, am I able to turn that off somewhere?  We have different schedules, and often watch television at different times, so I don't want to be clearing things off of the Up Next on the other television because I watched it downstairs...  Similarly, if one of us watches a show that the other doesn't, will this show sync to the Up Next for all of the TV's that have Apple TV's connected to?

Does anyone know?

The reason I ask is because on the Apple website it states: "Turn Up Next on or off: If you don't want to display the viewing history in the TV app on your device - past or future - turn off Up Next.  When you turn off Up Next on your device, the setting turns off only on that device, and your viewing information won't SYNC to your other devices anymore (until you turn Up Next back on)."

It seems like a stupid thing to sync to me, but if that's the case, this might be a deal breaker because it would make Up Next a bit useless for me.  So, I wanted to ask if anyone has Apple TV's connected to multiple tv's in your house and what you've experienced here.

Thanks for your help!

1 minute ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Use two different iCloud accounts.  Job done?

Wouldn't that screw up the Single Sign On for the apps?

Or wouldn't it?  If it's that simple, that would be awesome!  LOL

2 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Use two different iCloud accounts.  Job done?

This seems like the best answer to me if you are trying to make them separated.

I would think you can still log into individual apps using the same TV provider credentials and be fine (to gain access to the content) and if you have family sharing turned on, access each others iTunes purchases.

• Like 3