AIO Screen issue.

Hello members!

Greetings for the New Year 2018. :-)

Please refer to the enclosed depiction & help suggest further in the relevant context?

What might be causing this trouble with my HP AIO 18-1206in desktop PC? & how to go about its troubleshooting & resolution any further?

The patchy part is very much persistent all throughout even after logging into the Windows.

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

bllCAPm[1].jpg

When did this start? Have you applied an update? Did you drop the screen?

EDIT: Or in today's world of touchscreens, maybe too much pressure was applied somewhere?

looks like a damaged touch screen from the screeny tbh.

grab a live linux distro and boot from that, if it does the same, its physical.

does it corrupt in the bios set up also? If not the gpu driver may have had an episode, try uninstalling driver and re-applying.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:26 PM, Nick H. said:

When did this start? Have you applied an update? Did you drop the screen?

EDIT: Or in today's world of touchscreens, maybe too much pressure was applied somewhere?

..since I tried to force open my AIO for this very last time! One of the screws had gone free (wasn't unlocking the rear panel) & probably that's how I screwed up this entire experience !?

30 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

..since I tried to force open my AIO for this very last time! One of the screws had gone free (wasn't unlocking the rear panel) & probably that's how I screwed up this entire experience !?

That might just be the cause of the issue. If you have to force anything (anything from hardware to relationships) then there is an issue that should be handled with care. ;)

So what options are left for the revival or towards the recycling of core components such as - HDD, 8GB DDR III RAM, CD/DVD writer?

Can an equivalent Motherboard be made to fit within a regular CPU cabinet to then re-use the above peripherals?

If yes, I would be at advantage to choose my preferred Processor along with rest of the components !

Inputs are being awaited.....

Thanks.

Looks like a display crack in the picture (looking at the left side).

If you insist on rescuing the computer, maybe check here for a replacement display.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Otherwise, doesn't look like the parts are worth anything significant, so I'd just trash it or hand it over to a local electronics recycling depot.

12 hours ago, zhangm said:

If you insist on rescuing the computer, maybe check here for a replacement display.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Hello zhangm!

Thanks for the information on the above resource.

However, Iam not able to make sense out of the attached outcome ? Do I need to order as per 'Part Number' & hand over the machine to the Authorized Service Center?

What next please?

uKnIPlg[1].jpg

A normal CPU cabinet can host Motherboards of several-several form factors! ...so can't there be a way to host some spare/second-hand Laptop mobo within it & thus utilize my leftover peripherals?  

17 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

A normal CPU cabinet can host Motherboards of several-several form factors! ...so can't there be a way to host some spare/second-hand Laptop mobo within it & thus utilize my leftover peripherals?  

To sum up the below briefly: you're better off buying a new/used/refurbished computer.

If you were fixing this computer, you'd find someone to sell the part to you and replace it yourself, referencing the part number that you found. Given that you broke the display, it may be wise to find someone to do the repair for you.

I've had some time to look into the machine now. The part is, ostensibly, for sale:

http://sopriscomputerparts.com/laptop-replacement-parts/lcd/led-screens/parts/hp-18-5-anti-glare-w-led-200nits-n-ze-693499-007.html

This costs 160$. I'm giving the link above as an example, and not as an endorsement of that particular vendor. I know nothing about them.

A comparable computer on Ebay costs 100 - 200$. This means that replacing the display really isn't worth it, or would cost you money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-18-5110-18-5in-AMD-E1-2500-1-4GHz-4GB-All-in-One-Desktop-G4B05AA-ABA-Computer/362203183525?epid=220703517&hash=item5454fdf9a5:g:QFcAAOSw0A9aTRXg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-18-5110-18-5-All-in-One-Desktop-AMD-E1-2500-4GB-500GB-CP1033604/372189353714?hash=item56a836d6f2:g:hvAAAOSwokJaVNxD

You're technically correct - you could find a box to fit this motherboard into. However, unlike standard size/layout motherboards, laptop boards (as well as this particular AIO machine) have non-standard shape, size, connectors, I/O, and mounting hardware. You would not be able to line up the I/O ports. You would not be able to mount the motherboard in a standard case using the mounting sockets in the case.

I'm not able to find any indication that this computer has a video-out ports, therefore getting a working display would continue to be an issue, even if you put the parts into a new chassis.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

no mate, bin it and replace buddy. 

even a refurbed machine will outperform the kit in that AIO. 

Thank you very much! 

I agree absolutely that the sabotage has come like blessing in disguise...& I would be better off buying a second-hand CPU cabinet of relatively better configuration.

I therefore put a close to this thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Thank you very much! 

I agree absolutely that the sabotage has come like blessing in disguise...& I would be better off buying a second-hand CPU cabinet of relatively better configuration.

I therefore put a close to this thread.

Best of luck choosing a new one mate, by all means post any you are considering and plenty here will advise if its worth the purchase.