I'm looking for a book a read a while ago.

Hi, i want to start off by saying that i'm new to this website.

I'm look for a book I read in the past (around 2013-2015), it was a very good book about this group of people from all around the world (ageing from late teens to young adults), racing/fighting against each other following clues to fine something or someplace. I know it's vague but that's all I remember of the plot, I do however remember that one of the persons was a mute/refused to speak girl. I also remember a small part of the book where another one of the persons took a taxi someplace, that person getting killed by the mute girl and then she took the taxi back (after the taxi driver complained in private about not going to be getting any paid for the journey back). Also the mute girl rode shotgun when taking the taxi back.

A cool feature this book had was there was actually a minor world wide "treasure" hunt using the clues in the book.

The books I know it's not:

• Maze runner
  • Hunger games
  • Gone

I hope someone can help, i would appreciate any suggestions even if they only matched some of the description because of me possibly remembering it wrong.

13 minutes ago, Skiver said:

It sounds a lot like Ready Player One, but I don't recall the mute person.

But it certainly meets, people from around the world and treasure hunt.

I think Ready Player One is the book. Isn't Art3mis mute for a lot of book. 

Great book, I read it a short while back

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I think Ready Player One is the book. Isn't Art3mis mute for a lot of book. 

Great book, I read it a short while back

Yes the girl who don't talk. That what I was thinking.

I just don't recall the taxi, but I listened to audio book while doing something else, so I guess I could have missed lots of parts.

If it is not, I would like to know what book it was.

Do you read hundreds of books a year or something.. If that is your description of ready player 1 and you read it only a few years ago.. Ready player 1 came out in 2011.. So your timeline is fine for that, but that you don't recall it was all in a virtual reality seems odd.. This is the whole point of the book is that its all virtual the "OASIS" and they are hunting for easter eggs left by the creator or the virtual world that the whole planet is on, etc..  The OASIS is like the current internet on steroids, rolled up into a MMOG..

I do not recall Art3mis being mute?  She wrote a blog, and wade pretty much cyber stalked her for a while, etc. etc..

Can not think of any other popular book in the scifi genre that comes close to that..

BTW I hear that there is squeal coming out to Ready Player 1.. Cline mentioned back in Dec..  Armada was another of his in the same sort book - not as good but enjoyable.. I listened to both audio narrated by Wil wheaton which as perfect for both of those books and did fantastic job!!

edit:

I just looked on goodreads - finished that on Feb 1 2017... But over 50 books since then so am a bit hazy.. You would think if it was ready player one you would recalled all the 80's related movies and video games.  Pac-Man and Zork, etc..

edit2:  BTW I normally hang in the network section.. But there doesn't seem to be any book area of neowin?  Media section maybe - but all the subs movie or music related, etc.