Linksys WRT54GL SES

Hi.

I have some problems with my old router..and I had to reset it. After this, only the SES led lights up..the others are closed. Any suggestions what should I do? I have tomato firmware on it. 

Right now my router is connected wired to my laptop. Thanks for any suggestion.

KB4095-002_EN_v2.png

KB4095-002_EN_v2.png

Edited by Cosmin

A wrt54gl??  Yeah get a new router.. While it was a smoking router in its day... Its a G network for wifi - who would still be using that?  Would be worse than watching the paint dry on the grass you painted ;)

Hello,

Have you tried any of the steps listed in this: Linksys WRT54G Revival Guide

If all of the attempts were unable to recovery the device then I suspect the device failed.  Assuming that you bought the model when it first came out in 2005, a thirteen year run is not bad for a piece of consumer wireless networking gear.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 1/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, BudMan said:

A wrt54gl??  Yeah get a new router.. While it was a smoking router in its day... Its a G network for wifi - who would still be using that?  Would be worse than watching the paint dry on the grass you painted ;)

I've still got one of these bad boys set up as a hub to serve all my devices connected to my TV, very solid and reliable for all the time I've had it (also running Tomato firmware).

jeesh ive not seen one of these bad boys in the wild for years....great in their day, back when Linksys were good.

As others have said, just replace, its well past EOL and a newer router would probably be more secure.

If its just a cable router, ive fitted a few of these with impressive results for the £

TP-Link AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Cable Router

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Parental-UK-Archer-C50/dp/B01I3HFUJW/ref=pd_sim_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=RYSDR263XP3C2PVBNJSC&th=1

On 1/14/2018 at 4:43 AM, Cosmin said:

Well.. I use it for my parents and no need to replace..how could I setup it ?

Since it not working - that would be a very valid reason to replace ;)  More than 30 seconds troubleshooting this is waste of money.. The amount of time spent people just reading your question was waste of effort on such an old device and functionality...

You can for sure get a dual band gig N router for under $30...  I would look on the list for something else supported by the 3rd party firmware you like to run and and buy that.

id want at least N 300mbps better range and better cutting through floors than the old G, that in itself would push me to replace a 20th century router. It would struggle to supply, say basic fibre speeds if your parents have fttc.

• 3 weeks later...

Did it fall off a truck?  Price of that is not something I would of thought you would of considered reasonable when you said it was for your parents and G was good enough for them ;)