• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Looking for good 4k tv

killer0pro    3

Hello, am looking for a good tv, just to watch movies and nothing else. So i don't wanna pay alot for useless functions that i won't even ever use. Before that i always used my full hd monitor to watch movies, so am not this good tv guy, dont know much about them, as didn't used tv for years, if you could suggest me something good for my need it would be nice.

Jim K    10,345

Missing information...like what size, budget and location (US, UK, etc)? Most TVs, even the budget ones will come with all the "useless functions."

How about the Samsung UN50MU6300?

killer0pro    3
4 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Missing information...like what size, budget and location (US, UK, etc)? Most TVs, even the budget ones will come with all the "useless functions."

Lithuania, 500€, size 50-55~

Jim K    10,345

oh ... yea.  I dunno... I'm sure Samsung is sold there ... and it is hard to go wrong with them.  I believe the UE50MU6120 or UN50MU6300 would be within that price range (no idea about Lithuania stock though).

Also Vizio makes some nice "budget" 4K displays (like the 50 and 55inch E-Series)

killer0pro    3

Here is link for one of the shops here, i filtered out all the stuff eshop

p.s. this shop dont have much discounts but i used it as its most easy to understand, other big shops have up to -40% on some tvs rn.

PGHammer    517
2 hours ago, Jim K said:

Or any of the MU6 series, for that matter?  (The series runs in size from 40" to 65"; the only feature that appears to be missing from the smaller sizes - and by that I mean sub-55" - is HDR Pro.)

Jim K    10,345

I would probably get the 6192 or 6172 (not sure of the difference between the two models ... maybe the 92 is newer??) .. though they are a tick more than your 500 budget.  Not really sure how good the Hitachi is (for 496).

+Fahim S.    1,032

The only brands I would touch that come near your budget are Samsung and Philips

So you are effectively left with:

Samsung UE50MU6172UXXH (€536)

Samsung UE50MU6192UXXH (€542)

Philips 50PUS6262 / 12 (€548)

• Like 1

killer0pro    3

Thanks for all your feedback, i will continue to look for tvs and wait for good deals, as i will be ready to buy and have prepared spot for it i might ask again with what i found.

adbalex    0

I see good popularity of:

Samsung Electronics UN55MU6300 on Amazon! But I'm not sure, you will be able to buy from your location or not. Or the same TV you may buy offline, if it is available in your nearby shops!

Samsung UN55MU6300 has 4K resolution, 55-in display size and the display type is LED. It also falls under your budget!

PGHammer    517
On 1/18/2018 at 3:01 PM, Jim K said:

A solid safe-bet choice - (that applies to the entire MU6300 lineup from end-to-end, actually - in every size from 40" to 63").  The REAL problem is that there have been some price slicing on models in certain sizes in the just-above it MU7000 lineup.  The particular model that is giving me heartburn is the UN40MU7000FXZA - it is the smallest HDTV that supports HDR (while I don't currently have a game console, I certainly refuse to rule it out) - and I have no idea whether HDR has any bennies for FireTV watchers - and since I have one, it needs checking out.

PGHammer    517
4 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

A solid safe-bet choice - (that applies to the entire MU6300 lineup from end-to-end, actually - in every size from 40" to 63").  The REAL problem is that there have been some price slicing on models in certain sizes in the just-above it MU7000 lineup.  The particular model that is giving me heartburn is the UN40MU7000FXZA - it is the smallest HDTV that supports HDR (while I don't currently have a game console, I certainly refuse to rule it out) - and I have no idea whether HDR has any bennies for FireTV watchers - and since I have one, it needs checking out.

FOLLOWUP - I would need to change devices (from the FireTV stick to FireTV third-generation) - no FireTV Stick supports HDR (capabilities issue).  (I have the second-gen FireTV Stick with Alexa.)

malwin73    0

Vizio M series is a good choice also for a budget-friendly TV.