Dead Hard Drive?

Is this drive "F" causing the problem? The ~232GB drive? Usually GPT is used for 2TB and above. I would wipe the drive and use an MBR. What brand is the drive? It could be failing and the best idea is to run the OEM diagnostics they supply.

I don't think its dead.

Use Free tools like Easeus Partition Master, and check the drive, as Circaflex mentioned you can covert the GPT to MBR.

9 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Is this drive "F" causing the problem? The ~232GB drive? Usually GPT is used for 2TB and above. I would wipe the drive and use an MBR. What brand is the drive? It could be failing and the best idea is to run the OEM diagnostics they supply.

It's another drive you can't see in that picture. The size of it is 4TB.

9 hours ago, Xahid said:

I don't think its dead.

Use Free tools like Easeus Partition Master, and check the drive, as Circaflex mentioned you can covert the GPT to MBR.

I'll look into this when I get home later today. 

9 hours ago, Circaflex said:

It doesn't matter what size drive you use GPT on and you should be using GPT now, especially if you use more than 2 primary partitions.

Gparted on a flash drive is usually my go to for messing with fussy drives.

I have debian on on 128GB flash drive alongside a Fat32 partition so that I have persistant file access between Windows and Debian but also a bootable ext4 partition.

It's saved my files (and others) on more than one occasion.

Alright, so last night I upgraded my CPU, RAM, motherboard, and threw in a soundcard and the drive showed up working just fine. I guess maybe it wasn't plugged in all the way or maybe a bad port on the motherboard? Smart Data came back saying the drive was alright. I'll have to watch it for a few days to see if it does anything odd again before I really use it.

Good Health.jpg