McAfee "Lifesave" failed to save my computer!

On 3/13/2018 at 11:03 AM, GTR707 said:

Clearly once again your are clueless. 

Capture.PNG

You really need to work on your online etiquette, you never come across as a very nice person.

17 hours ago, GTR707 said:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-windows-detected-koobface-virus-popups/

In the future you do not need to spend $100 or any money on removing malware. Keep in mind that every pc comes with a hidden recovery partition. This will bring your computer back to square one.  Koobface ahs been around for years and every av has detections for it including McAfee. Sure you did not call a fake Dell support? 

https://home.mcafee.com/virusinfo/virusprofile.aspx?key=152845

How about reading the topic?

16 hours ago, warwagon said:

You really need to work on your online etiquette, you never come across as a very nice person.

And your point is? When people are wrong they are wrong. 

49 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How about reading the topic?

What I said is completely and totally related. 

2 minutes ago, GTR707 said:

No. No it isn't, and it's clear you haven't read the topic and still haven't read it even after I called you on it.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No. No it isn't, and it's clear you haven't read the topic and still haven't read it even after I called you on it.

What does the topic say...........it clearly says "McAfee failed to save my computer". The OE poster told us he spent $100. I also informed him that he has a hidden recovery partition to mount. Did anyone else say that? No. 

1 minute ago, GTR707 said:

What does the topic say...........it clearly says "McAfee failed to save my computer". The OE poster told us he spent $100. I also informed him that he has a hidden recovery partition to mount. Did anyone else say that? No. 

How many times do I need to tell you he wasn't infected with malware? He was scammed.

He doesn't need a recovery partition. He doesn't need a new AV.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How many times do I need to tell you he wasn't infected with malware? He was scammed.

He doesn't need a recovery partition. He doesn't need a new AV.

He was not scammed. He failed to use common sense. 99% of all newer pc's come with a recovery partiton. So instead of making an 8 page post and spending any money he could have simply done that. Duh

15 minutes ago, GTR707 said:

He was not scammed. He failed to use common sense. 99% of all newer pc's come with a recovery partiton. So instead of making an 8 page post and spending any money he could have simply done that. Duh

Oh do bloody shut up! 

1 hour ago, GTR707 said:

The point is you can choose words which can improve someone's perception of you. Take the word "Clueless" ...that's insulting, pick a different word.

25 minutes ago, warwagon said:

The point is you can choose words which can improve someone's perception of you. Take the word "Clueless" ...that's insulting, pick a different word.

Ok then how about "brainless". 

36 minutes ago, GTR707 said:

How about "These real-world test results from November 2017 shows Eset had less than desirable detection rates"

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GTR707 said:

Pretend every customer is king/right/paying your wages and comment accordingly :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

Pretend every customer is king/right/paying your wages and comment accordingly :)

Or "Pretend the person you are talking to has been waiting years to comment on a forum and this is their very first experience."

• Like 2

19 hours ago, warwagon said:

(Y)      Some people need to learn how to talk to others and check their egos at the door.   Hopefully the OP got their issue resolved. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GTR707 said:

When scientists prove something or show evidence, they don't shout "Ha! Get rekt nub!", there's a difference in presentation and attitude. You did know Steve owns this site...right?

2 hours ago, GTR707 said:

A post was made for help. Not rude egotistical comments.

People with rude comments, do not help resolve issues.  They create issue or make things worse.  Same with big egos.

No no one knows everything, period.

Insults are against forum rules and really just not something that should be done when someone asks for help.

It is obvious the OP is not familiar with how to resolve his issue.  So common sense does not apply here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

How about "These real-world test results from November 2017 shows Eset had less than desirable detection rates"

That cause Eset sucks. Complain to AV Comparatives and AVTest.org. I don't make the tests. 

23 minutes ago, techbeck said:

A post was made for help. Not rude egotistical comments.

People with rude comments, do not help resolve issues.  They create issue or make things worse.  Same with big egos.

No no one knows everything, period.

Insults are against forum rules and really just not something that should be done when someone asks for help.

It is obvious the OP is not familiar with how to resolve his issue.  So common sense does not apply here.

It's called tough love. The OE poster made a post blaming McAfee. When in actuality he only has himself to blame, It's easier to blame someone else rather then taking on the responsibility yourself. 

9 minutes ago, GTR707 said:

That cause Eset sucks. Complain to AV Comparatives and AVTest.org. I don't make the tests. 

What does that have to do with insulting the person you are having a discussion with?

Just now, warwagon said:

What does that have to do with insulting the person you are having a discussion with?

What does blaming me for AV Comparatives results have to do with the prices of oranges in Florida? 

• Brandon H locked this topic

thread locked

I'm locking this thread as it has run its course. Howard understands that he was a victim of a scam and it wont happen again. He is now working with Mando to make sure his computer is secure going forward. All is well :)