NeowinGaming has its own Mixer channel now!

DreyerSmit    145

Hi Ladies and Gentlepersons!

We just added our very own Mixer channel, where the team will play games (some of which haven't launched yet). You can subscribe to our channel at www.mixer.com/neowingaming. We will be playing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition first! 

Most importantly, we would love your input, on what you would like to see us play, and what we can do to improve the channel. It's early days, and we're not really good at this sort of thing. So be gentle ;)

See you soon!

Nick H.    8,198

Mixer.com? I'm at work so it gets flagged as gaming, but what is it, a streaming service like Twitch?

Skiver    1,843
2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Mixer.com? I'm at work so it gets flagged as gaming, but what is it, a streaming service like Twitch?

It's Microsofts version of Twitch.

It's a great idea guys, gaming was what brought me here and I'm glad to see the new focus on it.

Do you have any idea of schedule, times you guys will play? Is the idea to play a few hours and review or are you looking to do long, multiple hour play throughs of games?

+Mando    4,744

great idea!

jnelsoninjax    9,734

@DreyerSmit

Please review this game: :D

aExnqV9_460s.jpg

DreyerSmit    145
37 minutes ago, Skiver said:

It's Microsofts version of Twitch.

It's a great idea guys, gaming was what brought me here and I'm glad to see the new focus on it.

Do you have any idea of schedule, times you guys will play? Is the idea to play a few hours and review or are you looking to do long, multiple hour play throughs of games?

Hi Skiver

We'll try to stream as much as possible depending on schedules. 

Skiver    1,843

You need to make sure you tweet out each time you're streaming, ideally you should maybe send a tweet leading up to each and every stream telling people what you're going to play etc.

I don't know how Mixer sends out notifications but Neowin gaming already has around 1000 followers so you may get a better audience if you use something people are already reading. The forums are another great way of course and you can get a lot of feedback here and discuss both games to play AND the game you just played. 

Are you sticking to a specific platform? One idea could be to play and review the Xbox Games with gold games as and when they release. 

Edited by Skiver

Sszecret    2,294
1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

@DreyerSmit

Please review this game: :D

aExnqV9_460s.jpg

Is this a sequel to Inside? :yes:

jnelsoninjax    9,734
36 minutes ago, Sszecret said:

Is this a sequel to Inside? :yes:

Yes, I believe it is, how did you do on "The Inside"? :D

DreyerSmit    145
22 hours ago, Skiver said:

You need to make sure you tweet out each time you're streaming, ideally you should maybe send a tweet leading up to each and every stream telling people what you're going to play etc.

I don't know how Mixer sends out notifications but Neowin gaming already has around 1000 followers so you may get a better audience if you use something people are already reading. The forums are another great way of course and you can get a lot of feedback here and discuss both games to play AND the game you just played. 

Are you sticking to a specific platform? One idea could be to play and review the Xbox Games with gold games as and when they release. 

Yeah, I will play both Xbox One and Windows 10 games. Currently, I'm reviewing Age of Empires DE, and soon Surviving Mars, then Sea of Thieves. :) Will see how we can coordinate the tweeting bit. Thanks for the tips. 

Sszecret    2,294
23 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Yes, I believe it is, how did you do on "The Inside"? :D

I forgot to turn on the lights, so everything looks dark grey. There are also these inexplicable puzzles popping up if I just want to walk around. Very weird. Will have a look at Outside though, seems pretty polished for an early access game. :p