Watching too much television could cause fatal blood clots​​​​​​​

Just when I was going to start watching a new TV show, this came up :D 

Watching too much television could cause fatal blood clots

Spending too much time in front of the television could increase your chance of developing potentially fatal blood clots known as venous thrombosis. Even trying to counterbalance hours of TV watching through adequate exercise is not effective warn researchers.

1 minute ago, Xahid said:

Not only for TV, but also valid for sitting in front of computer for long period of time.

Yeah that's that I thought. I guess this points to everything where you're sitting still for long periods of time from binge watching TV, sitting in an office all day or even long haul flights

• Like 1

I do warm-ups, stretches, sit-ups, push-ups - all sorts of exercises when I wake up, during the day, and before I go to sleep. 

Otherwise, I'd be having some serious problems with neurology and my spine. I neglected it once and learned my lesson.

What's impressed me about this research is the part which I highlighted.

Even trying to counterbalance hours of TV watching through adequate exercise is not effective warn researchers.

So, we'd better just roam around and walk all day. 

It appears this is what a human body was made for.

Become nomads :D Go back to the roots.

6 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

I do warm-ups, stretches, sit-ups, push-ups - all sorts of exercises when I wake up, during the day, and before I go to sleep. 

Otherwise, I'd be having some serious problems with neurology and my spine. I neglected it once and learned my lesson.

Never sit down, always be excersizing. Got it.

We were never biologically meant to live in a civilized society.

13 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

It appears this is what a human body was made for.

Become nomads :D Go back to the roots.

I just think it comes back to common sense and realising that most things in moderation are fine. You can probably get away with a few weekends here and there binge watching TV and there's no issues, but doing it all the time is bad for you. 

But so is pretty much everything else.