Windows 10 Doesn't Remember Brightness Settings

Hello,

After being extremely negative towards Windows 10 on this forum, I decided to try upgrading again (and still have issues).

Does anybody know of a solution as to why Windows 10 might not remember my screen brightness settings after reboot? I am running the official drivers for my laptop (Lenovo W541), but after each reboot it defaults to 50% bright.

Its a small annoyance but an annoyance non-the-less.

Thank you!

So I am going to assume you have tried ALL the normal things for this. I have seen this a number of times. Laptop manufacturers install their own app to control power settings. Have you tried to see if this is the cause of the problem? If you have tried this, forgive me. There are a whole host of issues and apps that can interfere with this setting. More information would be helpful as to IF you have in fact tried the basics. I would also be interested in the upgrade path you took. Did you simply run through the Windows update, or did you make an image or run from an image on an external drive?

Ddawson

13 hours ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

Hello,

After being extremely negative towards Windows 10 on this forum, I decided to try upgrading again (and still have issues).

Does anybody know of a solution as to why Windows 10 might not remember my screen brightness settings after reboot? I am running the official drivers for my laptop (Lenovo W541), but after each reboot it defaults to 50% bright.

Its a small annoyance but an annoyance non-the-less.

Thank you!

Have you tried this ....

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500157

You're not running 10 Education are you?  If so, look for a BrightnessReset in task scheduler and disable it.

Adaptive brightness isn't enabled is it?  Start > Power Options > select current power plan > Advanced Settings > expand Display > untick Enable Adaptive Brightness.  You can also adjust the other settings in this area which may eliminate your particular issue.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jim K said:

Have you tried this ....

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500157

You're not running 10 Education are you?  If so, look for a BrightnessReset in task scheduler and disable it.

Adaptive brightness isn't enabled is it?  Start > Power Options > select current power plan > Advanced Settings > expand Display > untick Enable Adaptive Brightness.  You can also adjust the other settings in this area which may eliminate your particular issue.

I am definitely running the Education edition :p (Thanks to the GPO disables that they did in Pro last year).

It was most definitely the Brightness Reset task that was causing my issue.

Thanks all, this was driving me crazy!

• Like 3