Windows 10: Windows update drivers or producers drivers?

For the first time, I installed Windows 10 on my PC.

I see that Windows Update download and install drivers automatically and If install the most updated version from hardware vendor, Windows update download again the driver and overwrite them.

In conclusion:

- it's better stay with Windows Update drivers?

- It's better download from the vendor the most recent drivers?

Your suggestion?

Thanks

the best answer is depends...

most of the time the newest driver is the best option

some hardware, for example touchpads have custom drivers per laptop, that custom driver enables so extra unnecessary functions, and if you install unified driver from manufacturer those custom features might stop working

I had have had a few issues with NICs and the Windows Update drivers, but that's at work and using Wake on LAN.

With some older Dells, the initial touchpad driver was the ONLY driver that worked.  Any time it updated or even used the newest Dell driver, it would break.  That was on Windows 10, though.  Windows 7  worked just fine.

Also, on older machines, the Windows Update video drivers are trash too.

Which particular device is WIndows 10 downloading the driver for automatically? The reason I ask is that some integrated graphics hardware I've found on some older Workstations at work, the Windows Update drivers are actually more recent than the ones available publicly, you may want to check this out.

On my primary desktop\gaming machine I always make sure I get the latest drivers from the manufacturers websites. With laptops and the computers I deploy at work, I just let Windows Update do it's thing and I've had no problems so far.