Ideas for firewall port opening request form

As the title says, I am looking for ideas on how to create a form. The solution we have today doesn't really work as people don't listen and they often don't send ut everything. What I mean is that they fill out either name of the system or IP address when they request port opening and it's very annoying for us to do their job and fill out the form for them and then do the opening.

Now what I want is a form that is mandatory fill out source ip/name, destination ip/name port and protocol before they're allowed to move to a new line. Is this even possible in excel or do I need to look for 3rd party solutions?5aa684a053c8d_Skarmavbild2018-03-12kl_14_39_16.thumb.png.e65d91006fccdf53280a9020b41af76a.png

5 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

Can't you just write some simple VBA code behind that sheet to enforce your rules?

I haven't heard of VBA before so I am not familiar with it. Is it possible to do that?

Google VBA and Excel. There are a boat load of good tutorials and guides to help you do what you are looking to do.  Here is just one of a million examples

2 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

Google VBA and Excel. There are a boat load of good tutorials and guides to help you do what you are looking to do.  Here is just one of a million examples

Thanks! I'll take a look at it and try to figure how to write code a specific for my needs.

Could use Wordpress and Contact Form 7 plugin. Then you would have a custom form you can make that would generate an e-mail to the I.T. group. If you can host it internally.

7 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Could use Wordpress and Contact Form 7 plugin. Then you would have a custom form you can make that would generate an e-mail to the I.T. group. If you can host it internally.

This sounds good, but I'll try to do it with excel as it doesn't require hosting, etc. A simple sheet that has to be filled before they close it.

2 minutes ago, billyballbag said:

Do you have Office 365?  You can easily create a form using Sharepoint and/or PowerApps

Yes, we're using Office 365. Is it easy to create and use?

I'm surprised you get enough port opening requests to warrant a form, surely there's a better approach to allowing specific traffic?

It seems that we're going to use SharePoint so thank you guys for the suggestions. :)

@satukoro, why are you surprised?