Do you have PDA?

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have PDA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Still considering / going to buy one
    • It's not worth having PDA

I have a Palm Vx.

Im only a highschool student so I dont really have the need for those colour screens, and expansion slots. Nor can I afford them at the moment. But I would love to have that Sony Clie, or m505, or an iPaq.

Does anyone know when Palm OS 5.0 is released by any chance?

Handspring Visor. Like elibribri said, I'm just a high school student and I really just use it for keeping track of dates, address book, and playing some games when I'm doing nothing in class (it's amazing how teachers will let you get away with that when you do it on a "high-tech" device)

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't WANT the color deluxe mama-jama kick butt 1GB memory PDA... but I honesltly wouldn't find a need for it.

If I could get the Springboard Cellphone or something cool like that, then I might find more uses for it, as of right now... it's my glorified datebook.

I dont have a PDA, but i had to post this and tell you about this thing i saw when i went for an open day at Bristol university (England).

It has a wearable PC (yes i know we've all seen them by now), this one had GPS so it knew where you are, a compass so it could tell which way you were facing and a device to measure acceleration in 2 directions, so if you wore it on your arm, it could tell what angle your arm was at. So say you were a tourist and pointed at a building, it would know what building you were pointing at and it could tell you all info about it! Plus it could do things like know when you were near a train station and automatically bring up a list of train times. I thought that was damn clever!!

Not quite yet ready to upgrade..... I'll wait and see how the new palm OS 5 stacks up to Pocket PC 2002...

Looking to get one with more compatibility, either the Compaqs or HPs...:o

Originally posted by kawai  

Casio E-125, Sony CLIE and a Palm m505

gonna wait till XScale based PPC to come out first before I am gonna buy anything.

think you could spare me one of them? :D

Ok I have a PDA it's a Palm Pilot m105. I have Internet acess on it.

oh if you need a way to connect a modem to you palm 100/105 system I can help you build a cable to connect to a older extrenal serial modem.

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by JayDude

I bought a Palm IIe and used it for a while, but never really needed it for anything, so its just sitting collecting dust in my office.

I use my m105 for everything.

I have a Handspring Visor Prism.

From what i've read in this poll, it doesn't seem that popular. It was the first 16-bit color Palm OS handheld.

The thing's always on me. I even have a keyboard for it, and it's set up to use my Nokia 3360 as a modem via IR.