In Firefox, is there a way to stop the "this site uses cookies" message?

Fresh install of Windows and FF, every time I go to a website, I get this message at the bottom or top of the screen that says "This site uses cookies to enhance our visitors experience" even though I click on OK, the next time I go to that site I get the message again. Is there anyway to stop this message from appearing each time?

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

turn cookies on?

They are turned on, AFIK, I have not made any modifications to Firefox except to stop media autoplay.

I usually only get that message the first time I go to a site and it's not EVERY site that does that. Are you some how deleting cookies on exit of Firefox? That is not the default setting though.

Again, I did not change anything in FF except the Media Auto Play, and the only extensions I have installed are Ublock and Https everywhere, and my system is running Kaspsersky Internet Security 

Wasn't this caused by some law being passed in Europe where sites HAVE to put this message up or something?

Yea, sites have to announce that they use cookies now. It is stupid and annoying. As if cookies hardly matter these days... it was just kinda assumed that every site uses cookies in 1998. If you understood what cookies were and had a problem with them, you turned them off. Now every single site has to pop up warnings about it. Thanks.

There's no opt out on it that I've ever heard of. It is just script on the site, and it is general enough that I can't see ad blockers picking them up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 3:20 AM, jnelsoninjax said:

Fresh install of Windows and FF, every time I go to a website, I get this message at the bottom or top of the screen that says "This site uses cookies to enhance our visitors experience" even though I click on OK, the next time I go to that site I get the message again. Is there anyway to stop this message from appearing each time?

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/i-dont-care-about-cookies/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Aokromes Thanks for FF addon link! I'm also looking how to disable this annoying pop-up.

@saurabhdua or choose in FF setting to not save history, website data and cookie files after closing the browser. So every new session you will start on a clean browser,