Ram Upgrade Soon For my Asus G11CD Desktop-Wondering if This set would work

Hi All

Wondering if this G Skill set would work in my Asus G11CD System,  Specs are Intel I7 7700, 8gb of Ram currently, single stick,  Mobo unknown model or brand, Chipset is Intel H110 I do believe,  so not sure if this G Skill ram would work or if i  have to look for a set that works for Intel 100/200 Chipsets 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231888

G.Skill works in everything, bro. As long as you get the right DDR type and speed. (technically, speed won't materr, as it will just clock down)

When I looked up your ASUS G11CD, it said it uses DDR4 2133MHz, max of 16GB.

IMO, don't worry about the speed...

Yeah Crucial shows 2400,2666 speeds in there list when i ran a system check there,  Specs on Asus site show 2133 lol, so who knows which is right lol.   I'm more used to this Intel system now, still things don't know on that well, but learning more as i go lol,   now just to afford and get the ram, and get it installed, got the funds, just have to get it ordered, and delivered and in

Hello,

ASUS's support web site is broken for me, or at least not serving up the specifications web page for the G11CD Desktop model me, so I checked Crucial's memory upgrade advisor.

According to it, the ASUS G11CD has an Intel H110 chipset and supports up to 32GB (2×16 DDR4-3000 UDIMMs).  The G11CD ships with DDR4-2400 memory, though, so a UEFI BIOS update may be required to make use of the DDR4-3000 speed. 

The G.SKILL RAM you linked to should probably work just fine, however, it sounds like it is going to be nearly identical in performance to the single 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM installed in the G11CD.  Because of that, I'd suggest rather than buying the 16GB kit, that you open the chassis, remove the existing DIMM, write down its model number (take a picture so you can put it right back in) and then search for an identical 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM on Amazon, NewEgg, etc.  Since you are only buying one 8GB module, that should be about half the cost of the G.SKILL memory kit.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Ok can do that, Am Running the latest available bios update currently from the support site so that parts covered lol.     Will look at the memory stick model and info when i clean the dust out of case again, and write that down, and go that way 

Overall system runs perfectly fine, just at times get a little low on ram, either running too much or something a memory hog with my current 8gbs lol.     Thank you so much for replying, so appreciate it

On 2018-04-01 at 10:50 PM, goretsky said:

Hello,

ASUS's support web site is broken for me, or at least not serving up the specifications web page for the G11CD Desktop model me, so I checked Crucial's memory upgrade advisor.

According to it, the ASUS G11CD has an Intel H110 chipset and supports up to 32GB (2×16 DDR4-3000 UDIMMs).  The G11CD ships with DDR4-2400 memory, though, so a UEFI BIOS update may be required to make use of the DDR4-3000 speed. 

The G.SKILL RAM you linked to should probably work just fine, however, it sounds like it is going to be nearly identical in performance to the single 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM installed in the G11CD.  Because of that, I'd suggest rather than buying the 16GB kit, that you open the chassis, remove the existing DIMM, write down its model number (take a picture so you can put it right back in) and then search for an identical 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM on Amazon, NewEgg, etc.  Since you are only buying one 8GB module, that should be about half the cost of the G.SKILL memory kit.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I think perhaps this is the more sensible and future-proof option

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232625

A single 16 gig DIMM added to his 8, yields 24.

EFPA3ty9pcTfxBRW_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.thumb.png.0dbf82f56ea042e9fbaecbd70f43bb7f.png

With just 2 slots, it seems rather limiting to go to the effort of "just" adding 8...

Yeah Definitely at least getting one 16GB stick, as long as can match the timings and speed of current 8gb Stick,  The linked one above looks to be close to current sticks timing and speed based on CPU-Z check of that 

Yes with just 2 ram slots its a little limited than my older PC, but overall should work out fine in the end i do think