Laptop Batteries Need Refreshing?

What do you mean by not lasting? If you mean the batteries do not last long, maybe you should consider changing them if you have your notebook for a very long time already.

look, the capacity of your laptop's battery drops over time. see the screenshot, the design capacity of my battery was 47.73Wh, after 21 charges, it has dropped to 47.50Wh. that's the way it is. ;)

there is, depends on the make and model of your laptop. i've done it for myself and a few customers and the success rate is not too high. as stupid as it seems, something that sometimes works is sticking it in the freezer for a few hours. but do this at your own risk.

you can try just discharging the thing all the way, then recharging it. i tried that once. just turn off all power saving tools and whatnot, like the ones that put the laptop into hibernate at 10% battery life, and just let the thing drain. then charge it back up.

this gateway laptop i worked on the other day had a built in battery tool in the bios. that was fancy.