need advice: Modding Xbox

I know this must have been posted like a thousand times. But I can?t seem to connect all the information I see on modding Xbox. I just want to know how hard is it to install a mod chip and upgrade the hard disk in Xbox. Plus where can I get all the must have software for Xbox like media player, emulators etc. also how do I install Linux. And is it worth the money and time for the xecuter3 chip or is the 2.3 pro enough for me. What kind of features will the x3 have? If someone can tell me how to do those moddings or just give me links that would be awesome.

I was also thinking to do it from game stores in my area. But damn those people are charging for modding like crazy. today I asked one store and they said they?ll install the chip alone for $150 and install a hard disk(which ill provide) for $50 and install emulators for $30 which totals to $:angry:gry: . Another store will do the chip installation only for $90 and if u become a member some % off. And I saw this online store (Canadian) which will do the chip and hard disk installation for $100 excluding shipping. So I'm not sure what to do.

I personally think since I?m a noob in this it?s better to do it by a "professional" which is expensive. If I do it, it's going to be cheap and ill learn som:yes:g :yes:.

Thanks in a:)ance. :)

dude, just get a friend that can solder. i helped a buddy install his xecuter2 chip.. it didnt have more than like 9 points and only one of them was small. took like 15 minutes.

hmm i posted a similar questions there no one seemed to notice that. still lemme give them another try.

Edited by ProfessorX

Dude it's really easy to chip ur box, I've done like 30 of them.

Look at the pin header tutorials at Team Xecuter's website and see how easy it is.

They even explain how to disassemble and then reassemble the box.

If you have a newer xbox (newer than about feb 2003, version 1.1 or newer) then the LPC points are not filled, making it even easier. Just insert the pin header and put a dot of solder on the reverse side of each pin. Then thread the wire through and dab it onto the underside D0 and stick a piece of tape on it. Then reassemble the box with your new HD in there (I recommend the Seagate Barracuda V 120-160 GB. Very fast, quiet and cool-running drives) in cable select mode. Flash your chip with a BIOS CD. There is a guide for this on the team xecuter webiste as well.

As for files, this page tells you where to get them. XBins

After you flash, boot to a Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer disc to format, partition and lock your hard drive. It can also install the latest apps.

Piece of cake!

Edited by V3L0C|7Y

thanks for the info. but i already went through a mod and something bad happened. check the other mod thread the whole story is in there. mods can close this one if they like

Here is an idea. Get a Solderless mod. I did, was easy as to install, does everything I want (I bought a Chameloen v1.8).

As for the HDD, that was very easy as well (As long as the drive is less than 137gb, wasn't going to much around with my BIOS too much to fix that one.) All you need is a Dash boot disc and a FTP program that can send Raw commands. I found the tutorial on xbox-scene (mentioned before). WAS EASY WITH NO SOLDERING REQUIRED!!!!

i dont think he will be going to any installers anymore.

he can do it on his own. i never soldered in my life, but i soldered my xenium chip perfectly fine. it was a lil hard to do the D0 point but u can get it done

Here is an idea. Dont get a soldierless mod, you will be openening your xbox every other day to re aling it because it came out of alingment

??? Do you have a solderless chip?

I take mine in the car, to mates houses, around the house and who knows where else and I haven't had to realign anything. If you do have one and have to keep doing this, you sure you have put it in correctly and frimly?