Best Sound Card for Logitech Z-680 Speakers

Just ordered a set of the logitech Z-680 speakers, and I was wondering what audio card I should buy. I'm going for something that has optical output. Right now i'm using onboard audio (spdif, which sucks!) that came with my motherboard. I was looking at an audigy 2, but it doesn't have optical out (at least not on the back of the card, it's on the faceplate).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I got about 100$ to play with.

Are there any particular issues you are having with the onboard that would make you want to upgrade?

Because you are using SPDIF you are already bypassing the onboard DAC meaning the sound is being sent directly to your Z-680's. Generally the reason people would upgrade off onboard would be people with the nForce chipset because in the earlier days the drivers were really buggy and caused crackling and skipping on Digital out.

Fairly simple....Creative Audigy2 ZS......and if you can swing it...the Platinum Pro...which I use with my z-680's.....and baby....I am IN SOUND/AUDIO heaven!!!!!!!!!

:whistle: :p :D :laugh: :woot:

dumb question also.....why on earth do you need 2 cd-rw's????

dumb question also.....why on earth do you need 2 cd-rw's????

My guess is he had the 52x first, and needed a DVD-Rom and the dual one worked out pretty cheap.

maybe he wants 2 cdrw's so he can burn 2 cds at the same time? hmmm? like if he wants to burn a copy of a game or audio cd for 2 friends.. he can do 2 at once.

ok this isn't exactly what you asked, but I think it's a good note:

A friend of mine has those speakers and he uses them with nForce2's on board audio (the one that converts all sound to AC3 on the fly) there is an important tweak we found. by default the sound control panel was set up to send everything below 50Hz to the subwoofer. Now the Sub that come with them is one hell of a sub, so I think logitech expects you to raise the frequency that goes to the sub to at least 100Hz, couse the sattelites can't pull buss really well.

Basically you getting a kick ass sub, use it!