Microsoft is hiring for a new team in California to build 'AAA' Xbox games.

Noticed by Rychu over at ResetEra, Microsoft is hiring a Principle Program Manager with experience in "AAA" games, located in Santa Monica, California.

Full article at WindowsCentral.

4 minutes ago, George P said:

Noticed by Rychu over at ResetEra, Microsoft is hiring a Principle Program Manager with experience in "AAA" games, located in Santa Monica, California.

AAA games? I didn't realize there was a market for roadside assistance simulators ,,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, George P said:

If they're only just hiring a programme manager (and it's not because the last one was fired) it's probably going to be 2+ years before we see anything materialise :( 

29 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

If they're only just hiring a programme manager (and it's not because the last one was fired) it's probably going to be 2+ years before we see anything materialise :( 

That's if they're in need of an extra studio for something else because the rest are busy already?   It's no biggy though, it's not like most of E3 isn't games that are coming in 2-3 years anyways.    The big publishers often show stuff that's 2+ years out, repeatedly. 

Often the fastest way to get exclusives, if you want to have something soon, is to just strike a publishing deal with a 3rd part dev for it.  If MS is serious about it again, they've got the money to toss around to make publishing deals.

• Like 1

So at the weekend, I recently started playing through MCC (had it for ages, but only touched it). They need a game like Halo again. 

I don't know if it was mainly nostalgia but first landing on Halo and exploring the Truth and Reconciliation gave me an excitement in a video game that I haven't felt in ages. 

I've said previously, I love my Xbox but they need the AAA exclusive games that aren't online MP only. 

Halo is the best FPS trilogy to ever exist so it's hard to get that warm feeling again, but if it makes you feel better MCC is incoming with patches from the ground up to repair the online. The singleplayer always worked perfect for me? But I do need to do another playthrough on the X now :)

4 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Halo is the best FPS trilogy to ever exist so it's hard to get that warm feeling again, but if it makes you feel better MCC is incoming with patches from the ground up to repair the online. The singleplayer always worked perfect for me? But I do need to do another playthrough on the X now :)

Yeah it's definitely up there for me. SP did work, but I've found that resuming the game was a little finicky and it hardly ever picked up where it left off. 

Ah well, let's see what MS bring!

22 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah it's definitely up there for me. SP did work, but I've found that resuming the game was a little finicky and it hardly ever picked up where it left off. 

Ah well, let's see what MS bring!

I think what they need to do for Halo 6 is make it open world.  We're going to yet another Halo ring as per the ending of Halo 5, might as well make the jump from linear shooter to open world shooter IMO.   They can still weave a tight narrative into it and not have it be a linear crawl from point a to point b with set pieces.

The fact we haven't heard anything about Halo 6 yet, maybe at this E3? might mean they're doing quite a bit to it.

Also, me, and others, are thinking that the MCC might come to Windows 10 later this year.  And before people start complaining about lack of Xbox exclusives, keep in mind we're talking old games, the first 2 of which were already on the PC originally.  After all this time I don't think they lose anything from putting it into the Store.

1 minute ago, George P said:

I think what they need to do for Halo 6 is make it open world.  We're going to yet another Halo ring as per the ending of Halo 5, might as well make the jump from linear shooter to open world shooter IMO.   They can still weave a tight narrative into it and not have it be a linear crawl from point a to point b with set pieces.

The fact we haven't heard anything about Halo 6 yet, maybe at this E3? might mean they're doing quite a bit to it.

Also, me, and others, are thinking that the MCC might come to Windows 10 later this year.  And before people start complaining about lack of Xbox exclusives, keep in mind we're talking old games, the first 2 of which were already on the PC originally.  After all this time I don't think they lose anything from putting it into the Store.

I wouldn't mind something that was open world, but I DO NOT want to see another MMOFPS game a la Destiny. Please give me endless offline and SP content :)

51 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I wouldn't mind something that was open world, but I DO NOT want to see another MMOFPS game a la Destiny. Please give me endless offline and SP content :)

I'm with you there, open world with lots of side missions etc but SP.