PARIS STABBING SPREE: Two dead and several hurt after 'madman with knife' runs riot

Paris police rushed to the scene after an attacker began knifing passers-by at random.

Officials confirmed polie shot dead a man who had carried out stabbing spree in the Opera district.

At least four people have been hurt with one person dying from their injuries.

The attacker, whose motive remains unknown, has also been shot dead.

Pierre Gaudin, a senior official at the Paris prefecture, said: “A person attacked five people in the second district of Paris. Police intervened immediately.

Full article @ Express

https://apnews.com/9e9b262e17ec45289dc11d88bf442a60/Paris-attacker-born-in-Chechnya,-was-on-radicalism-database

PARIS (AP) — Investigators working to understand why a 20-year-old French citizen born in the Russian republic of Chechnya went on a stabbing rampage in central Paris detained the dead suspect’s parents and a friend Sunday, French officials said.

Counterterrorism investigators want to know if the assailant, identified by Chechnya’s leader as Khamzat Azimov, had help or co-conspirators. The attacker killed a 29-year-old man and wounded four other people with a knife before police fatally shot him Saturday night.

The suspect was on a police watchlist for radicalism, a judicial official not authorized to speak publicly about the case told The Associated Press. But he had a clean criminal record and did not know his victims, Interior Ministry spokesman Frederic de Lanouvelle said.

>

Witnesses reported hearing the man shouting “Allahu akbar,” the Arabic phrase for “God is great,” during the attack that happened at about 9 p.m. in a lively area near the Opera Garnier.

>

I am still baffled as to what benefit does it bring to those who get radicalized? Killing/Converting people is only going to unite the world against Islam. The whole religion will be at the losing end.

Two dead and several hurt after 'madman with knife' runs riot

At least four people have been hurt with one person dying from their injuries.

I guess the two dead includes the attacker himself killed by the police?

18 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Has he had an AR-15, it would have been 30 people dead.

But if other people carried guns, nobody would be dead as well.

56 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Yeah that logic works well in the US huh?

Of course terrorists are an edge case but in general yes, considering how many criminal threats are ended by simply displaying a weapon. Been there multiple times.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Ban knives.

No, arm people with knives! To stop a bad guy with a knife, it takes a good guy with a knife. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DocM said:

Been there multiple times.

I'm glad anecdotal evidence is proof now. lol. Anything to defend gun ownership LOL.

Worked real well for Parkland. 

Edited by wakjak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wakjak said:

I'm glad anecdotal evidence is proof now. lol. Anything to defend gun ownership LOL.

Good luck with your argument.  You have never come across a gun lover like this before!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, d5aqoëp said:

I am still baffled as to what benefit does it bring to those who get radicalized? Killing/Converting people is only going to unite the world against Islam. The whole religion will be at the losing end.

Doesnt seem to be doing much to slow them down.  People think of these guys as martyr/heros of the cause.

As far as the other comments, can we stick to the topic please?  Not a gun debate.

8 hours ago, d5aqoëp said:

Doubt it. There have been so many terror attacks in France that I can't name them all. Europeans are simply too docile to care.

9 hours ago, d5aqoëp said:

Islam is just evil and a plague to humanity. Christianity, which is largely what the USA is about for a long time now, is simply not compatible with Islam because Islam is pretty much the devil's work and Christianity is God's. they are opposed.

but liberals won't acknowledge that truth as they call it "racist" etc when you tell the truth like that.

6 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

because Islam is pretty much the devil's work and Christianity is God's. they are opposed.

Sigh. Flip it around and that is what they say. Your argument is circular and not based on re- oh, nevermind. Praise Jesus.

Their ridiculous religion is fake, but mine is real because it is real!

My grandfather Ramon survived a knifing back in the early 1900's.  All I know of it came long after the fact. But it caused me a great deal of sadness. 

11 hours ago, d5aqoëp said:

What they want is to make Muslims in the west more radicalized, they don't want them to be pro-LGBT or have secular views.The only way to do that is to fuel hatred towards the whole Muslim community in the west so they will feel alienated which will make it easier to recruit them. They love it when more people have negative views about Muslims because it favors them in the end.

10 hours ago, wakjak said:

CDC in 2013

Defensive Use of Guns

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence, although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996; Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million (Kleck, 2001a), in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008 (BJS, 2010).

18 hours ago, ThaCrip said:

Islam is just evil and a plague to humanity. Christianity, which is largely what the USA is about for a long time now, is simply not compatible with Islam because Islam is pretty much the devil's work and Christianity is God's. they are opposed.

but liberals won't acknowledge that truth as they call it "racist" etc when you tell the truth like that.

Having read the Quran, I whole heartily agree, it is evil. But Christianity has had its moments.

3 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Just replace them with plastic knifes, everywhere....

Until the next mass sporking happens...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Just replace them with plastic knifes, everywhere....

Waste of time.

Give a maker some polyphthalamide, G10,  Zytel, certain carbon fiber etc. and they'll make you a very deadly, and mostly undetectable, blade. I have a couple - they've gone commercial. Now include  zirconium dioxide ceramic, which is even used in kitchen blades.

Hand-hewed obsidian (volcanic glass) or flint edged weapons have been made since the stone age. And found metal scrap can be turned into a blade in minutes.

Etc.

Knife bans are mental masturbation because of

1) ease of manufacture, 

2) the political class doesn't want to address the main cause of the problem; bulk immigrantion from places whose culture and norms are incompatable with their new "homes",

3) invasion by immigration.

Edited by DocM

On 5/13/2018 at 2:56 PM, Andre S. said:

No, arm people with knives! To stop a bad guy with a knife, it takes a good guy with a knife. ?

They just need to form the NKA (National Knife Association) and sell everyone a knife. Research should be made into more tactical knives that can also spray acid while using the best material of damascus steel. They can also use pyramid schemes taken from Cutco. ??? :shifty: