Youtube gaming personality John "Totalbiscuit" Bain passes away

As most people who follow him know he was struggling with cancer. Well today that struggle ended.

R.I.P.

Edited by trag3dy

Wow. Didn't realize he was having issues.

I don't normally pay attention to news about the private lives of

internet personalities. That sucks.

Wow, and he literally just announced that his treatments had reached the end and there was nothing more they could do for me basically. I really had hoped he would have more time.

RIP TB. WTF  is .... will go on for as long as the internet exists and so will you. :(

Oh wow. I had no idea he was even ill. I enjoyed his cynical banter for a while during my WoW days. Last I had seen of him he'd just moved to the States, but that was quite a while ago. Bummer.

3 hours ago, McCordRm said:

Wow. Didn't realize he was having issues.

I don't normally pay attention to news about the private lives of

internet personalities. That sucks.

1 hour ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Oh wow. I had no idea he was even ill. I enjoyed his cynical banter for a while during my WoW days. Last I had seen of him he'd just moved to the States, but that was quite a while ago. Bummer.

He talked about it a fair bit in his episodes. He announced his cancer via one of his vlogs. He also did interviews and such with it.

WTF Is... series showed me so many games, he was fun to listen to, and had amazing videos. Sucks that cancer took him.

I see. Like I said, it'd been a while. 2013 or so since I last watched his vids, around the time I was last playing World of Warcraft a lot.

The news is a little surreal, as I've been following his content for a fair few years. Through Co-Optional and his other long-form critique he's exposed me to a number of other content creators - and games - I still follow to this day. 

Sure, I might not have agreed with him on everything and in essence I'm just some random internet person who watched his content, but I think he was the first celebrity whose passing genuinely gave me pause. 

Either way, 33 is damn young. RIP.