TV, SoundBar, HDMI ARC

I have a Samsung 4K TV.  Its the Samsung UN43MU6300.  I was have an Xbox One X, ROKU Ultra and a Comcast Box all connected via HDMI.  My TV has three HDMI ports, two regular HDMI In and the 3rd being a HDMI IN w/ ARC. 

I've been considering getting the Samsung HW-400 TV Mate Soundbar.  I've read the best way to connect it is via the HDMI-ARC connection.  This is where I'm confused.  I've spent yesterday googling the topic but came across conflicting information.   Obviously, I'll have to disconnect one of my three devices to connect the soundbar via HDMI ARC.  My question is does anyone know if my TV model will pass through the audio signals from other HDMI connected devices through the HDMI ARC connection to the soundbar?  I've read articles from a few years ago stating that certain tvs will only play audio from onboard audio sources such as Smart Apps or Antenna through the ARC connection.  I can't seem to find any information regarding my current tv.  I was hoping someone here might be able to help.

I have a Samsung sound bar HW-K550, which is a 2016 model, connected to an old 2011 LG 60 inch TV. You just connect the soundbar to the HDMI IN w/ARC port, and to the HDMI in directly in the soundbar you connect either the Roku or Comcast box (I would not recommend the Xbox One x due to increased input lag, that one should remain connected directly to the TV).

At the input selection on the Soundbar, you select D. IN, that way you will hear whatever your TV is playing, and you will only need to switch the input to HDMI to hear whatever you decided to connect to the HDMI IN port of the Soundbar.

Hope this helps clarify but feel free to ask any questions. By the way, the soundbar I have sounds amazing, so I-m sure it will be a good choice!

Yes. I recommend not using the ARC though. Use the optical out on your TV to your soundbar. This will also cut out the lag Cask1 was describing. ARC is limited to certain formats and limited to 2.0 audio in most cases. 

14 minutes ago, fusi0n said:

Yes. I recommend not using the ARC though. Use the optical out on your TV to your soundbar. This will also cut out the lag Cask1 was describing. ARC is limited to certain formats and limited to 2.0 audio in most cases. 

Really?  I thought using the optical cable would be the one limiting formats.  I thought I read that using the HDMI allows for the higher end audio formats?

31 minutes ago, Steve B said:

Really?  I thought using the optical cable would be the one limiting formats.  I thought I read that using the HDMI allows for the higher end audio formats?

I stand corrected.  You should be fine using ARC. Apologies. 

Yeah I use arc with mine. I believe as long as you set the audio output as pass through so the soundbar does the decoding you should be fine.