Fallout 76 – Official Teaser Trailer

Watch the official teaser trailer for Fallout 76 from award-winning creators Bethesda Game Studios. https://beth.games/fallout76 See more during this year’s Bethesda E3 Showcase happening on June 10th at 6:30pm PT in Los Angeles, CA or live on YouTube.com/BethesdaSoftworks or Twitch.TV/Bethesda.

-----

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

-----

The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort.

From what we’ve heard, this game is under development at both Bethesda Game Studios’ main office in Maryland and at the Austin office formerly known as Battlecry Studios. That Austin office, which started in 2012, was making a hero shooter called Battlecry before Bethesda canceled it.

We’ll see more of the game at Bethesda’s E3 press conference on June 10.

I've seen word online that the name was leaked before and it was said the game would be a "Rust knockoff".

10 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Am I the only one expecting a a mobile/switch game with transactions out the ass?

I'm thinking it'll go more in the direction of Elder Scrolls Online, or somehow taking a Dark Souls approach whereby it can be singleplayer but there can be online influences. I'll be intrigued to learn more though before I decide whether to get it or not.

Fallout game with emphasis on building maintaining settlements?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been playing the sat/sun/tue tests.

Exploring the new map and uncovering its mysteries and story is fun. :D I've been playing it solo and rarely see others once I left the first town and if I do I help thin the hoard they usually have following them. 😄

On 5/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, dipsylalapo said:

Fallout game with emphasis on building maintaining settlements?

From the gameplay I've seen uploaded, I've not seen a lot of time spent on settlements. That may change later game and I can see a reason to hold certain area's for resources but I don't think you HAVE to play it that way.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:36 AM, EonStar said:

Not really excited for this game I wish it was in open beta that I didn't need to pre-purchase to get access to.

Yep, I think the pre-order to get access is a crappy move, I know it's not a new one but most tend to have a closed beta for pre-orders and then a later one that's open to sign ups.

I wasn't interested in this initially but after watching some gameplay it seems to be a pretty decent fallout game. The other players don't seem to have any real effect to gameplay if you don't want them too. I'm not sure I'll be buying day one, but I'll certainly look to pick it up at some point.

39 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I wasn't interested in this initially but after watching some gameplay it seems to be a pretty decent fallout game. The other players don't seem to have any real effect to gameplay if you don't want them too. I'm not sure I'll be buying day one, but I'll certainly look to pick it up at some point.

Huh. Weird, because after seeing some gameplay and initial thoughts I've decided I will definitely be avoiding this. There are no NPCs, the idea being that the other players make the world seem populated. Any story is told through holotapes which can be difficult to listen to when another player starts a fight with the enemies. If you do a quest solo it's jarring to see another player a couple of steps ahead of you doing the same task. It's also still very buggy, although we are talking about Bethesda. They may as well have the slogan, "Bugs. Bugs never change."

It's not shaping up to be the immersive experience that I have come to expect from this team.

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Huh. Weird, because after seeing some gameplay and initial thoughts I've decided I will definitely be avoiding this. There are no NPCs, the idea being that the other players make the world seem populated. Any story is told through holotapes which can be difficult to listen to when another player starts a fight with the enemies. If you do a quest solo it's jarring to see another player a couple of steps ahead of you doing the same task. It's also still very buggy, although we are talking about Bethesda. They may as well have the slogan, "Bugs. Bugs never change."

It's not shaping up to be the immersive experience that I have come to expect from this team.

It's not going to be for everyone, but you have to remember that the beta gameplay is going to artificially put people together. Everyone was coming out of the vault as soon as the beta started, everyone was doing those first initial quests at the same time but after rank 3-4 I found that people tended to go off in their separate ways.

I've watched 4ish hours of Xbox Gameplay and about 3 hours of PC gameplay and I only really recall another player being "in the way" of a quest once, and they weren't in the way for long.

I get what you're saying about the lack of NPCs but I found the Holo tapes worked fairly well. Remember this is supposed to be set pretty soon after the nukes dropped, there wouldn't have been much civilisation left at this point so I'd say that kinda fits in.

I'm not a massive fallout fan as it is, I've played a fair chunk of 3 and a little of 4 so I'm not going to be put off by big changes like this. My initial concerns were around not having the time others do and ending up a low-level player constantly getting killed by high-level players but the consent system for PVP seemed to work quite well for the little of it I saw. The base building looked almost temporary, you can build yourself a house for sure, but you can simply blueprint it, pack it away in your bag and take it with you so it's not like someone can come along and destroy your stuff when you're off exploring.

Anyone playing this?  I have a pre-order to pickup (forgot it came out) and just curious on how the game play is.  Is it really multiplayer intense, or can I get by mostly with single player?  If I don't want to play with others, can they do things to interrupt my game play?  Just curious how the game play is like and how it differs from like Fallout 4.  Just the highlights.

Thanks

Anyone else partaking? I'm actually enjoying it. I think the key is to not expect a Fallout game, but to expect a survival game like 7 Days or The Forest. If you approach it as a survival game, it is excellent, in that there is just a lot more to do than build a base.

If you like playing the combat bits of a Fallout game, without being interested in a long story, it is also pretty good (sometimes I do like to turn off my mind and just play it as a shooter). There are some rudimentary stories and sidequests, just no NPCs or moral choices. It is probably of average difficulty as far as Fallout games go, but seems to have a lot more frequent repairs for gear.

As far as multiplayer goes, I've safely avoided interacting with anyone. Just see them around occasionally, think once I did an area quest with someone I didn't communicate with. BUT I've also seen plenty of spots with a boss mob or other challenge that would be doable with a group or raid, but it absolutely isn't required. There IS PvP, but it is easily avoidable entirely.

I am playing it but the game is pissing me off so just playing here and there.  Really annoying that scorions will literally follow you everywhere and you cannot out run them.  A lot of enemies are like this.  You go to a spot and you end up dying because you run to get away, your AP depletes, and you are screwed.  Not sure why the hell they allow this.  I ran half way across the map and enemies were still following me.  I mean, come on now.

It is also a royal pain in the ass trying to get food/water.  Seems every damn time i eat or drink something, few min later I need to do so again.    and if you get infected, it is much much worse.  I spend more time looking for food/water than I do anything else.    bethesda just should have stuck with what they were doing.

Yea, don't think I will be playing this for a while.   Game is a mess.  It is kinda boring and buggy as hell.  Ditch this and go back to what you do best Bethesda.   Bring on FO:5.

So, back to RDR2 and AC:O for me.

I thank you members, the people posting videos on YouTube, and the countless posts on Reddit, for saving me money. When time permits, I'll spend the money on Red Dead 2 instead.

The most annoying thing is how it licks the nads of multiplayer, but doesn't give you the tools. The ONLY ways to interact are emotes and voice chat. This makes something like finding a group for an area nearly impossible, especially if you don't have a mic setup (I play at night and can't speak out loud without pissing off my housemates). Forget trading items or being a crafter. Teaming is iffy, don't have things like team loot you see in MMOs. The usual thing I think when i see someone is "great, fewer things to kill and loot".

If you're being chased too much... just die. You only drop your junk and you can pick it back up really quickly. They also addressed how far some enemies chase you in the recent patch. Don't know what to say if you're running out of food/drink... food you usually eat anyway to heal and water is free to collect and boil... aluminum and adhesive are the main things people need more of.

What they really flubbed here was marketing. It isn't a Fallout game. it is a survival game with Fallout themes. What people are missing is a different genre of game entirely.

Edit; Maybe I'm spoiled by playing Skyrim and FO with survival (hunger/thirst/weather/etc) mods?

Edit 2; But yea, this will be in bargain bin before long. They eventually plan on adding mods and having private servers, I'd wait for that at least.

I know how to get water, but boiled water causes radiation poisoning and there is not a whole hell of a lot of rad away around either.   So you get rad sickness collecting the radiated water to boil it and then you get another set or rad sickness when you drink it.  And yes, you eat food to heal but all the previous FO games, all you needed was a stimpak.  Also, you need to make fertilizer to plant crops.  And that an be a PITA to get at times as well.  Luckily, I kept all my spoiled food so I could make some.

Hopefully they fix things soon as they are not getting good reviews.  But like I said earlier, i have 2 other good games to finish so I am working on those now.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:20 PM, techbeck said:

I know how to get water, but boiled water causes radiation poisoning and there is not a whole hell of a lot of rad away around either.   So you get rad sickness collecting the radiated water to boil it and then you get another set or rad sickness when you drink it.  And yes, you eat food to heal but all the previous FO games, all you needed was a stimpak.  Also, you need to make fertilizer to plant crops.  And that an be a PITA to get at times as well.  Luckily, I kept all my spoiled food so I could make some.

Hopefully they fix things soon as they are not getting good reviews.  But like I said earlier, i have 2 other good games to finish so I am working on those now.

Isn't there things like water pumps that you can get non-radiated water from? I may be remembering it wrong but I swear one of the earlier quests in that first town had you checking water and you test water from pumps and those are fine?

I'm still very early game so I've not gotten into it too heavily but I enjoyed the little I played. I can definitely feel a change in the playstyle, the quests felt more in your face and I found myself much more compelled to try and follow them through whereas in Fallout 4 I would often take up a quest and then get so caught up exploring that I'd end up forgetting what I was doing. For example I went on a search for some adhesive, tried going to some places I'd not been before and then found a major settlement named Good Neighbour which then opened up about 5+ new quests and I got stuck doing them for a while, which then leads me to explore another area and pick up even more new quests and get distracted by them. It was probably 2 hours before I realised that I had no idea if I'd actually found adhesive yet or not, I don't see that happening too much in this one.

Has anyone gotten heavily into the base building yet, can you grow crops as part of it? I see that being a good way to keep food going but not sure how it would work with the whole mobile C.A.M.P thing.

Yes, but the only schematics I found so far is the basic water pump that is irradiated.   So I still get radiation when I collect and drink the water.  All boiling the water does is take away diseases.  And you can plant crops at your own camp.  But you need the seeds first so you must find the crops growing wild.  But unlike FO4, you need fertilizer for every crop you plant.  So you need to make/create that using spoiled food at the chem station.  Plus, you need wood for everything you cook/craft basically as well.   Also, if you do not eat/use the food right away/soon after it is picked...it will spoil.  Just like meat will spoil.

Game is pretty boring and looks like it was slapped together and released to early.  Getting some pretty bad reviews all around as well.  I had high hopes for the game and maybe it can be fixed.  But many who already formed an opinion will not be revisiting the game even if it is fixed.  I am put it back on the shelf and am working on RDR2 and AC:O as those are really good and better games IMO.

Ah Ok, so in theory if you build up a list of water pumps that give you purified water then you are OK but with the way fast travel works, it's a fairly costly way to survive. I believe there is an item called a water filter that you can use to take dirty water and make purified. I assume you need to find a plan for that before you can craft it and I'm not sure how "expensive" that is.

I also think there is a craftable item in your CAMP called a water purifier which can produce purified water so in theory that is probably something to aim for if water is a big struggle.

I've not played enough to give a true opinion but I know from the gameplay I have seen I wasn't as bothered about some of the criticisms the reviews gave it. 

35 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Yes, but the only schematics I found so far is the basic water pump that is irradiated.   So I still get radiation when I collect and drink the water.  All boiling the water does is take away diseases.  And you can plant crops at your own camp.  But you need the seeds first so you must find the crops growing wild.  But unlike FO4, you need fertilizer for every crop you plant.  So you need to make/create that using spoiled food at the chem station.  Plus, you need wood for everything you cook/craft basically as well.   Also, if you do not eat/use the food right away/soon after it is picked...it will spoil.  Just like meat will spoil.

Game is pretty boring and looks like it was slapped together and released to early.  Getting some pretty bad reviews all around as well.  I had high hopes for the game and maybe it can be fixed.  But many who already formed an opinion will not be revisiting the game even if it is fixed.  I am put it back on the shelf and am working on RDR2 and AC:O as those are really good and better games IMO.

Fallout 76 was never going to be a game that I picked up, but it was one that I've been following closely. I know that yours is just an opinion, but this game seems like a lot of work and not much fun. 

I've already seen the game being discounted during this week's sales, I wonder if that's telling.

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

Fallout 76 was never going to be a game that I picked up, but it was one that I've been following closely. I know that yours is just an opinion, but this game seems like a lot of work and not much fun. 

I've already seen the game being discounted during this week's sales, I wonder if that's telling.

Discounts most likely related to the holiday sales.   Hard to tell.  And it is pretty damn boring really. 

Just now, techbeck said:

Discounts most likely related to the holiday sales.   Hard to tell.  And it is pretty damn boring really. 

I just wouldn't expect a AAA game to be discounted during the sales, especially given that it was released only a few weeks back.

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I just wouldn't expect a AAA game to be discounted during the sales, especially given that it was released only a few weeks back.

From what I have been seeing, discounted for the holiday sales.  I never seen a AAA game discounted so soon after release either.   Even if it is a bad game.  But who knows.  Just talking about my experience.  Game has no NPCs either cept maybe a robot or few that you go to to sell/trade things.  But no human NPCs and nothing really engaging.  So just basically you walking around doing a few quests and exploring.  Yes, there are others in the game but so far, I only see people here and there and no interactions at all.  FO76 feels like FO4 when the game is over and all you are doing is finishing up a few small things and exploring.

Do a quick search and you can see all the issues with the game.  I like the fallout series but feel I have been robbed of my money for buying this game.