Program that attempts taskkill on all running background applications?

Does anyone know of a portable program that attempts to taskkill all running background applications?

I don't want to create a batch file myself because new programs will run in the background over time that would need adding to it, so a program that kills all current applications is better in my circumstances.

5 hours ago, xendrome said:

That's likely just going to crash windows and cause a shutdown or reboot if some of the system tasks are killed.. or do you mean all "user" tasks?

Sorry, I meant user tasks only.

This should work for you....elevated powershell

Get-Process -IncludeUserName | Where UserName -match joe | Stop-Process

replace joe with any user you wish.  All system tasks will stay running as they aren't ran by your user in most cases.  If you wish, you may have to edit to excluded some processes like AV if it runs as your user.

Man, I feel bad for your IT team. Stop mucking with your work unit, if you have some sort of issue related to applications running on it, have the correct team look at it for you. You've asked the same thing previously for your work laptop. There is a reason your company has an IT team. If you really feel these units are not able to perform the work you need to be complete, come up with a plan or documentation for the IT team. You aren't going to like my response. I am sure you will find it harsh, but this is the reality. Fiddling with it yourself is honestly an enterprise IT workers nightmare.

Edited by Circaflex

^ Truth.

But not only that... I have a feeling they are going to put you on a watch list... Just stop messing with Company PC's, suggest they transition to Hybrid or full SSD's