E3 2018 Bethesda, EA, Square Enix & Ubisoft Press Conference Discussion

Bethesda

TIME: Sunday 18:30 PDT / 21:30 EDT, Monday 02:30 BST 

As is the way with these things nowadays, Bethesda’s impressive E3 showcase is taking place on the Sunday evening, with the press conference starting from 18:30 PDT / 21:30 EDT. For UK viewers, that’s actually 02:30 BST on Monday, June 11, so get your coffee ready. You can tune in via the official Bethesda YouTube channel, Twitter feed, Facebook page, and official website, and of course through Bethesda’s Twitch channel too.

What was shown?

Fallout 76

RAGE 2

-----

EA

EA.thumb.jpg.d00ab08d745ec3adf21f2cb601bbe13c.jpg

TIME: Saturday, 11:00 PDT / 14:00 EDT / 19:00 BST

For the past few years, Electronic Arts has held a show away from the main furor of E3 known as EA Play, and this year is no different. Technically EA Play runs from June 9 - June 11, but the main press conference is happening on June 9. It starts at 11:00 PDT / 14:00 EDT / 19:00 BST, and you can tune into the live stream through a variety of sources: EA.com, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and even Instagram.

What was shown?

Anthem

Battlefield V

-----

Square Enix

SE.thumb.jpg.7a17b22b40b9afbae3dbd49daa7983f3.jpg

TIME: Monday 10:00 PDT / 13:00 PDT / 18:00 BST

Despite not holding an E3 event since 2015, there is in fact a Square Enix E3 conference this year on the morning of Monday, June 11. It starts at 10:00 PDT / 13:00 PDT / 18:00 BST, and you can tune in to the conference live via YouTube, Twitch, Microsoft’s Mixer, and also get live updates from Twitter and Facebook on all the latest.

What was shown?

Kingdom Hearts 3

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

-----

Ubisoft

TIME: Monday 13:00 PDT / 16:00 EDT / 21:00 BST 

If last year’s Ubisoft E3 conference is anything to go by, expect a jam-packed extravaganza, with plenty of “just one more thing” type announcements. The UbiE3 event starts at 13:00 PDT / 16:00 EDT / 21:00 BST on Monday, June 11, and you can tune in directly on Ubisoft.com, YouTube, Twitch and Mixer, with updates posted live on Twitter and Facebook. 

What was shown?

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

• DrunknMunky unlocked and pinned this topic

Getting close to EAs show, outside of Anthem though, I don't have any real interest.   They might surprise though, which would be nice.

*edit*

Well, mostly what we all expected from EA I'm sure.  Anthem is more interesting to me now, specially with the news that you can solo the whole thing and not have to rely on co-op or bother with MP unless you want to, great news.

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Well Bethesda just completely blew away and won E3 ?

I'm interested in the their new SP IP game, everything else is sequels though, which I'm cool with in general but lots of people complain about.

I've only see the highlights of Bethesda's but they're definitely on top at the mo. 

I always look forwards to Ubisoft's one too. Here's hoping for a new proper Splinter Cell and a release date for Beyond Good and Evil. 

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

I've only see the highlights of Bethesda's but they're definitely on top at the mo. 

I always look forwards to Ubisoft's one too. Here's hoping for a new proper Splinter Cell and a release date for Beyond Good and Evil. 

Yup, fingers crossed for a new splinter cell, I don't have high hopes of BG&E2 at this point though, but we'll see if they surprise us.

40 minutes ago, George P said:

Yup, fingers crossed for a new splinter cell, I don't have high hopes of BG&E2 at this point though, but we'll see if they surprise us.

How come no high hopes, it's probably not going to compare to the original, but the videos they've shown off look pretty cool. To be fair, the videos are more tech demos than anything else. I don't think we've see any actual gameplay. 

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

How come no high hopes, it's probably not going to compare to the original, but the videos they've shown off look pretty cool. To be fair, the videos are more tech demos than anything else. I don't think we've see any actual gameplay. 

That's why, they're very early tech demos, like alpha code.  But like I said, we'll see what this years show brings us.

Not much from Square so far, two new IPs one for 2019, no date on the 2nd but probably late 2019 or early 2020.  

Ubisoft starting soon, expect lots of Division 2 to start the show I bet. 

25 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Or a giant panda lol

Does Aisha  Taylor still host? 

Nope, she's too big now, probably costs too much money to host.  

Anyways, Just Dance 2019, Beyond Good and Evil 2 sounds like it'll be a huge game, but also far away, 2020?   New Trials, and now we're into Division 2.

Raids, 8 on a team and free DLC. The Division 2 looks good 

Yeah BGE2 looks to be far away 

Just now, dipsylalapo said:

Raids, 8 on a team and free DLC. The Division 2 looks good 

God, forcing me to play with others, I miss my solo SP days, so many online worlds and co-op focus.

10 minutes ago, George P said:

God, forcing me to play with others, I miss my solo SP days, so many online worlds and co-op focus.

Haha. It's not that bad but it's not as rosey as the devs/pubs make it out to be 

It's difficult because of a lot of great games are heading that way 

25 minutes ago, George P said:

Nope, she's too big now, probably costs too much money to host.  

Her budget has been split between Elijah Wood and Gordon Joseph Lewitt haha

Transference looks promising 

8 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Haha. It's not that bad but it's not as rosey as the devs/pubs make it out to be 

It's difficult because of a lot of great games are heading that way 

Yeah, now they're new pirate game is also online/shared world with PvEvP.  It's getting hard it seems.

11 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Next Assassins Creed looks interesting! An RPG. 

I'll be getting it for sure, but I need to get Origins to.  Anyways, show over, no splinter cell, I AM DISAPPOINT! 

I think Ubisoft has put on the best show so far. It didn't have nearly

as many cringe moments as the others.

Also, the new Assassin's Creed game might be the first one I actually play.

9 hours ago, McCordRm said:

I think Ubisoft has put on the best show so far. It didn't have nearly

as many cringe moments as the others.

Also, the new Assassin's Creed game might be the first one I actually play.

I don't know man, the music and dancing, ehhh.

• Daniel F. unpinned this topic