Four new Star Trek shows in the works as TV universe expands

22 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Have you seen Kate Mulgrew lately?

No why? Does it matter if she hasn't aged well, which is what I assume is the issue :|

2 minutes ago, LOC said:

No why? Does it matter if she hasn't aged well, which is what I assume is the issue :|

She is just not the same person.  After seeing her in OITNB, I just cannot picture her being in ST again.  Also, she was not a very popular repeatable captain like Picard and Kirk.  Hell, Sisko was a better known captain than she was.

1 hour ago, LOC said:

Or Janeway ?

As an Admiral I assume there as well as any other appearances he might make. Let's face it, unless Patrick Stewart is down for more TV all of a sudden, he's probably not going to be an every episode regular. Still it sure would be nice to have a post-Voy Prime universe TNG (or whatever it is) show again.

His very good show Blunt Talk was cancelled, so he's available :) And Janeway did the Admiral appearance thing in Nemesis (16 years ago!) heheheheheh

59 minutes ago, techbeck said:

She is just not the same person.  After seeing her in OITNB, I just cannot picture her being in ST again.  Also, she was not a very popular repeatable captain like Picard and Kirk.  Hell, Sisko was a better known captain than she was.

Sure I suppose she's not as well known or liked, but she's already been shown to be an admiral, so it isn't a stretch if she as willing to cameo etc.

37 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

His very good show Blunt Talk was cancelled, so he's available :) And Janeway did the Admiral appearance thing in Nemesis (16 years ago!) heheheheheh

Yes that's true he did do Blunt Talk lol, and yeah Nemesis was so long ago already, holy cow. And after the emoji movie, mehhhhhhhhhhhhh

41 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

She was also an admiral in one of the last Voyager episodes. But personally, not on my list of who I want to see again. 

She also did voiceover work in ST:Online. I'd honestly like to see her try to get her health together.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:00 PM, Steven P. said:

LOL I sense a ST:Academy finally happening but it will be like Melrose Place & Dawson's Creek (takes place on Earth of course) and it will be the one Star Trek show I'll never watch lol.

Nah, it'd turn into the Wesley Crusher Show... :S

I was an Enterprise fan, but I got sick of the Xindi/Daniels plot, Enterprise was great in its 4th and final season.

Enterprise was massively underrated IMO, and doesn't deserve it's bad rep. It was superior in every way to Voyager.

Like others have said elsewhere I'd like to see a show based around Section 31 because that can even introduce tech that is illegal/in testing etc. There would a lot of room to go in a series like that.

A Section 31 show would be great for the universe. A little more delving into the darkness within the Federation, and a bit less nosing around in parallel universes...

I heard a rumour a few days ago that Patrick Stewart is in talks with CBS.  If there is an Academy based show, he'd probably turn up as the Commandant or something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, margrave said:

I expect one will be along the lines of StarBase: 90210

People thought that might happen with DS9, but they were wrong...

On 6/19/2018 at 11:00 PM, techbeck said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Patrick Stewart reprise his hole.  Even if it was just a cameo.   Or better yet, find out what happened to Data timeline after Nemesis. 

I think "B4" probably just ended up pottering in the garden like Chauncey Gardiner

If they do it right, a academy show would work best, think of this, you start there with a young new group who make it up the ranks, graduate, then after that you can transition to them actually on a new ship and working their way up till one of them becomes captain etc.  It would basically be 3 shows split up and following the same 3-4 characters till the end.

5 hours ago, johnnyq3 said:

Here is a show idea I have seen floated

36222936_10155623110398339_3290509431992745984_o.jpg

I'd definitely watch that.

1 hour ago, George P said:

If they do it right, a academy show would work best, think of this, you start there with a young new group who make it up the ranks, graduate, then after that you can transition to them actually on a new ship and working their way up till one of them becomes captain etc.  It would basically be 3 shows split up and following the same 3-4 characters till the end.

If they can stay away from the usual teenager themes in the show, maybe...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to see them do a ST series farther into the future, where intergalactic -- instead of interstellar -- travel is possible, maybe doing a series that takes us to our closest neighbour galaxy: Andromeda.