Does anyone out there know about DUI's?

Well, 2 years ago my friend was living in LA and he got pulled over for a 2nd DUI while on probation. He had a court date 20 days from the event, but he fled to Mexico for 2 months. When he came back, he went to the police and turned himself in. He didn't go to jail, but he did have to go to a special school (not AA) for 1 year. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening. He also had to do some community service such as speaking to kids and stuff. He also lost his license until his service was completed. I know he had a fine, but I'm not sure of the amount.

Every circumstance is different, though. I would just be honest with everything and thank God you didn't kill anybody. You can always start over. Your driver license will probably be revoked for a really long time, depending on any other history. But, it's up to the judge in the end.

I would just prepare for the worst, but know that all of that can be replaced. Your life, or anyone else's, can't.

Not everyone has money for a cab bro, besides, who said he had to be at a bar

People don't have the money for a lot of things. That doesn't mean it's OK to steal. There are laws against that. Don't have the money for a cab? So, then it's OK to risk killing people and robbing them of their lives?? I don't think so. That's why we have laws against driving drunk.

:pinch:h:

DarkCircuit - A little more forethought would have been helpful here. If you guys wanna get smashed then add a third friend as a designated driver. If that?s not an option, then call a cab. Can?t afford one? Not being able to afford a cab is no crime, but making stupid choices that are against the law should be self-explanatory. You have other choices: Stay the night and crash on the couch. Or walk. But it?s clear you know better than to drive under the influence, so why did you let this happen again?? I'm surprised with a previous DUI on your record that you were not required to take a class to learn these basic concepts. Especially in California. Further, if it?s as horrifying as you say it is, I?m surprised you let it happen again. Everyone deserves a second chance in my opinion. And in my opinion, I think you just blew yours. Congratulations.

Regarding the answers to your questions (I know I won?t have the answers to mine): My guess is that you're looking at a complete revocation of your license and possible jail time. Probation and community service are pretty much a given here. You're also definitely looking at heavy fines, and possible responsibility for property damage.

Get ready for one of the biggest headaches of your life. I hope the fun you had getting smashed was worth it. For my part, I hope the state smashes you to pieces. As you probably tell, I don?t have any sympathy for drunk drivers. People like you go out to have a good time, but they do it irresponsibly. Other people, innocent people, have to pay for it with damaged property, or their lives. You?re lucky you didn?t kill anyone. Frankly, I can?t help but think they only person that should have lost his life is none other than you. At least that way, you?d pull a Darwin and never threaten anyone else again.

I lost a girlfriend and a damn good friend of mine fives years ago thanks to someone who couldn?t be bothered to use his brain. His entertainment came first. All other concerns were secondary. Including the next day.

I just wanted to say that you deserve everything you get. Drunk driving is disgusting, and I don't care what your motice, YOU made the choice to get behind the wheel. The post could have been another car, a child, anything. Thats just such a scum thing to do.

Maybe if you spend any time inside you can reflect upon your decisions and whether your drunken antics were worth it. Think also about how this will cost you financially as opposed to sleeping in a motel.

And if you still feel like you deserve to find a way off, look here: http://www.drinkalizer.com/sitelog/dont-drink-and-drive.php

Sorry if the above link offends anyone, but if it has any effect and stops anyone drink driving, then it works.

In Indiana the 2nd DUI in 5 years is a felony. That being said, my friends brother had 2 in 5 years, got a lawyer and did 60 days, a ****load of Community Service and like 5K in Fines. Now being a felon, he won't get a ton of jobs and can't own a gun, etc.

you don't deserve any sympathy for doing such a stupid ass thing. you'll probably get off with probation instead of doing a year or so in jail like you deserve. you are so lucky you didn't kill anyone. why you didn't call a cab or friend is beyond me. i hope the judge slaps you hard upside the head to try to get the point across. you need to join aa and apologize to everyone you know for being so stupid and embarassing them.

i've been a dd more times than i can count. people like you suck.

Also, you have past convictions. Do you not learn? I think you will be banned for life, but will that stop you? You have shown the blatant disregard for laws and stupidity that makes me think you will drive illegally anyway.

If this were a one off, I'd still think you were an idiot, but just an idiot. But as you have a history of it, you are cleearly scum!

Don't flame the guy ######, he was obviously trying to prevent an accident.. by not letting the drunk[er] friend drive. His intentions were good

/edit: best of wishes to you man..

**** that, there's no good enough good intention to do what he did for the 2nd time

btw I hope you get at least 5 years and a ****ing huge fine

Edited by eastman

I was not as good as I thought, and slammed into an electrical pole doing about 70Mph.

Not the smartest thing you ever did, huh? Don't you think before you drink, man? :/

You could fill the Grand Canyon with good intentions. He should have called a taxi.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: obviously :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

"i'm pretty sure they're going to let you off. they have to."

they have to? no... ignorance is not bliss. call a taxi next time. though that may be a while from now. there is never ANY excuse to drive drunk, i have seen a friend of mine die from an accident with a drunk driver. doesn't matter if you run into a telephone pole or another car, THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Agreed. My brother was killed by a drunk. Sorry, but I have ZERO sympathy for the thread starter. You made your bed. Lie.

Agreed. My brother was killed by a drunk. Sorry, but I have ZERO sympathy for the thread starter. You made your bed. Lie.

i am sorry about your brother boogsoftball :cry:

I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. It's bad enough you have done this once, but then you go and do it again? Even worse you were still under probation for the first offense. Pretty pathetic. Also, the people that are making excuses for this person are no better than the sleazy lawyers that will defend him. I hope you get punished to the full extent of the law, but unfortunately that will not happen. Hopefully you will learn this time, but I highly doubt it, if one time wasn't enough.

i certainly hope you are not trying to justify driving drunk.

i think EVERY police officer would be happy to pick you up and deliver you safely at your house rather than have to show up at an accident and wonder how many people may be dead.

no, the police dont give rides just because people drink pass their limit. if you cant drive, you have to find another way, otherwise theyll put you in the drunk tank

Gah, you guys have no sympathy... yes, Driving drunk is wrong.. I totally ****ing agree, However all the guy wants is some sympathy.. He realizes what he did was wrong, he doesn't need you to tell him.

he deserves no sympathy, in my opinion

you don't deserve any sympathy for doing such a stupid ass thing. you'll probably get off with probation instead of doing a year or so in jail like you deserve. you are so lucky you didn't kill anyone. why you didn't call a cab or friend is beyond me. i hope the judge slaps you hard upside the head to try to get the point across. you need to join aa and apologize to everyone you know for being so stupid and embarassing them.

i've been a dd more times than i can count. people like you suck.

i completely agree with everything you said in that post. well put.