Windows 10 Professional Remote Desktop

I know how to setup Remote desktop but windows Server has additional functionality.  Is there a way to setup the RDP on a desktop with the same functionality as a server?

No you can not.. Your limited to 1 connection at a time.. You can not have multiple concurrent remote desktop sessions into a "desktop" os.. If you need more then 1 you need to run server.  Or on the hardware install multiple VMS all running windows..

• Like 2

Who cares.

Here's the deal:

- Computer A has Windows 10 Pro and Teamviewer .

-  Computer B has Windows 10 pro and Teamviewer.

- I use Teamviewer to remote in to computer B across town.

* The problem is Teamviewer ties up computer B and no one else in the office where computer B is located can use it while being accessed by Teamviewer.

- I have talked to the Teamviewer support people and they tell me I can use Remote Desktop to computer B from computer A and then connect with Teamviewer and multiple users can use computer B.

* Problem is computer B has to be a server.  It's not cost effective to make it a server.

Sooooo I'm trying to find a way to remote in from computer A to computer B with Teamviewer and multiple people can use computer B without affecting Teamviewer.

There must be a way.

30 minutes ago, 24elements said:

Who cares.

Here's the deal:

- Computer A has Windows 10 Pro and Teamviewer .

-  Computer B has Windows 10 pro and Teamviewer.

- I use Teamviewer to remote in to computer B across town.

* The problem is Teamviewer ties up computer B and no one else in the office where computer B is located can use it while being accessed by Teamviewer.

- I have talked to the Teamviewer support people and they tell me I can use Remote Desktop to computer B from computer A and then connect with Teamviewer and multiple users can use computer B.

* Problem is computer B has to be a server.  It's not cost effective to make it a server.

Sooooo I'm trying to find a way to remote in from computer A to computer B with Teamviewer and multiple people can use computer B without affecting Teamviewer.

There must be a way.

Who cares? The moderators. If you want to break the MS EULA, seek help elsewhere. 

Also, TeamViewer doesn’t need exclusive access to the machine like RDP does. 

• Like 2

No you cannot.

There was a company, ncomputing, that did years ago, however they had to “fix” what they broke because Microsoft got involved with lawyers and such.  

Why do we have 2 threads from the same OP about the same exact thing?

• Brandon H locked this topic