Looking for a good slim and modern laptop with integrated LTE

I'm a freelance IT engineer (I look after a few SME's, most of which is remote where possible) I currently have a 2017 Dell XPS 13, its a brilliant laptop especially with its excellent display, it has no Ethernet port which can be a pita on site at times, but I carry a USB adaptor and this is fine for the occasional use.  I used android mobile hotspot (galaxy note ? for data on the road, but i found it incredibly unreliable and i would have to reboot the phone several times to get it to work, so I got a mifi device which is much better and I sometimes have to use this connection to offer remote support when im away from my desk,

Recently I was given a HP Elitebook 840 G2, its quite a lot older than my XPS, probably why its a fair bit bigger and heavier, its not quite as good spec either but not far off.  It has an ethernet port which expands out of the bottom of it, the laptop is too thin for Ethernet as is my XPS, but they made it work, this is really good, it also has a fingerprint scanner windows hello compatible which works really well.  But the most impressive feature is the integrated LTE, you boot the laptop and you are online, no messing about, just get on with the support job, this is killer for my use and makes me want to use it and ditch my XPS.

So, can anyone recommend a laptop I can buy to replace mine (maybe used as budget is about £700-£1k) which is as small and portable as the XPS 13 with as good a screen (infinity display means no space is wasted, the HP bezel looks huge in comparison) which has the built in LTE (or I can add the card to), and maybe Windows Hello as a bonus, and onboard ethernet as a further bonus.  I woudl like it to have USB C with USB C charging too as the XPS does.

Its a shame the surface book 2 doesn't have an LTE version!

Any suggestions appreciated.  

Thanks

Why not go with a XPS 13 2018 edition? As you like your own Dell, a replacement should be just as good. Just stay with what you know, and you'll know it's good. What I always say. :)

Hello,

The ThinkPad X1 Carbon meets most of your criteria.  It's on-board Ethernet has a special connector, though, that requires an RJ-45 dongle (about $15-20) .

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

17 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

Why not go with a XPS 13 2018 edition? As you like your own Dell, a replacement should be just as good. Just stay with what you know, and you'll know it's good. What I always say. :)

Does this have integrated LTE capability now ?

9 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

The ThinkPad X1 Carbon meets most of your criteria.  It's on-board Ethernet has a special connector, though, that requires an RJ-45 dongle (about $15-20) .

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Brill thanks, looks really good!

20 minutes ago, Inertia said:

Does this have integrated LTE capability now ?

I am not 100% sure on that... :huh:

Thinpad X1 Carbon can be purchased CTO with LTE-A. You would need a dongle for Ethernet as mentioned above. It’s lighter than the xps13 as well. 

Hp elite book 1040 also covers that.  Has an external dongle for Ethernet too. About $50 on Amazon if you lose it or buy used without one included. 

huawei

hhh666.thumb.jpg.6bc1d44cffc82a16f201fc447ce6addc.jpg