Stupid sleep question

OK this may be a REALLY dumb question. I'm on the latest insider build. In power settings I have screen set to turn off 30 minutes, sleep never. This is a desktop PC, plugged in obviously. Why does my PC put itself to sleep even though I have the option disabled?

I thought this was irl life question. My mistake...

Make sure you look up Power Management along with Screensaver settings.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

I thought this was irl life question. My mistake...

Make sure you look up Power Management along with Screensaver settings.

I did. Think it might be something in bios?

13 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I did. Think it might be something in bios?

Unlikely. It’s most likely a setting you missed in power management (be sure to check advanced settings) or it’s possible that the UI is no longer connected to the “backend” which means you might want to set the settings yourself with powercfg. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/powercfg-command-line-options

Have you gone into the Advanced Power options to look through those? Maybe also go through the Event Viewer logs, I've never personally looked for sleep events but I'd be amazed if there wasn't something in there to log the reason as to why.

If you go All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings

There are a few more things to configure under there that I guess could potentially be doing this?