Access point/router for 30+ connections

I have about 30 IoT devices (raspis, Arduino MKR1000s) needing to connect to the internet via Wi-Fi all at once. Will a basic 802.11n access point/router such as the TL-WA801ND/TL-WR841N support this number? If not, could someone recommend a unit which does? I'd like to have just one SSID.

The raspi and MKR1000 only support up to n and will all be in the same classroom. The RT-AC5300 costs around $495 AUD in Australia; something under $200 would be preferred. Thanks.

I always recommend ubiquiti gear, they are absolutely light years ahead of other manufacturers.

30 devices isn't that much, any AP should be quite capable of supporting that amount of clients. The ones you posted should be fine. 

Thanks, I might proceed with the UniFi AC Lite AP after making sure it can be configured with our intranet.

Edited by 68k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HoochieMamma said:

I always recommend ubiquiti gear, they are absolutely light years ahead of other manufacturers.

30 devices isn't that much, any AP should be quite capable of supporting that amount of clients. The ones you posted should be fine. 

I second this.  Go with Ubiquity.  

• Like 1

What do you think there would be to configure?  The unifi AP would for sure be a great choice... And give you way more options and features going forward.. Say for example you want to use more than 1 SSID and vlans.

Also the controller would give you lots of insights into your clients connected and their bandwidth usage and connection rates for speed, etc..

I would highly suggest go with actual unifi and run controller - can run on any pc, etc.  Does not need to be running all the time.. But when it is running gives you great info on how your wifi network is working.