• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Please help identify bug bite / rash

603090569    0

Ok I’ve searched Google and just cannot find anything that matches what I’ve got. I appear to get a line inflamed on my skin (particularly across my lower back on each hip.

They tend to last a few days each but I always seem to have one or two about and they’re really itchy.

AE3F67F5-8779-4105-AABC-85F66C5EF3D9.jpeg

Barney T.    2,337

It would help to know where you live. That would give an indication of what kind of insects that you might be exposed to. Looks a bit like a chigger bite. They tend to show up in tight areas where the skin is compressed (like the belt or underwear line,sock line, etc.). They itch like crazy for a few days then die down once the chigger larva dies. Usually red and raised. Chiggers mostly live in areas that have pine straw or similar debris on the ground. 

603090569    0

North East in the UK

Barney T.    2,337

Maybe not that exact type of insect, but a similar variety. I'll have to do some more research. 

603090569    0

Cheers that is really helpful - if it helps I just came up from the South (London/St Neots) and was in a park where the ground was really dry with a lot of debris. The latest rash appeared a day after returning though.