Phantasy Star Online

Anyone on neowin play this game? just played it with a friend and im going to get it... have to renew my xbox subscription butttt i think its going to be worth it

Played PSO 1 on DC forever, then version 2 came out, played that. Then they re-released basically, 1&2 for gamecube and played them too. but, i havnt as of recently played at all, but it's deff a game that consume many days of endless sleep :laugh:

I got it when it came out for the xbox and i had a really great time playing it. I missed alot of work . I haven't played it in about 5 or 6 months now because my gf took it away from me :( though i might get it back :)

Ever since I had my DC, I've been intrigued by this game but unfortunately, have never got a chance to play it.

With World of Warcraft coming out though in the near future, I only have the money to pay for that :p. Plus I'd rather not have to buy a broadband adapter just for one game...

I'm a huge fan of the game, it was at it's best when it was just released worldwide on the dreamcast, and was 100% hack free, incredible. Didn't have any lag issues over the 33k(!) modem either! (pal dreamcast)

Sadly the game was eventually rendered unplayable on the dreamcast due to all the hacks going around. :(

I had PSOX, but it just wasn't the same. The game looked better, and had a lot of improvements, but it just didn't have that "wow factor" I guess.

Unfortunately even on the xbox, hacking/duping is still around (as it lets you take offline characters online) and it's in an even worse state on the gamecube.

Hopefully Sega will show something of PSO2 (not episode 2) at this years e3, I believe it was confirmeed a few months ago that it's being worked on.

Cool ill be playing it soon my friend let me barrow his cd for a few days and im playing it offline. But i dont understand the hud. Whats the Red thing mean? and the number linked to it? (says zero in the pic) and it had a ring around it that i saw get filled a little.

Thanks for your help

post-79-1075581456.jpg

Cool ill be playing it soon my friend let me barrow his cd for a few days and im playing it offline. But i dont understand the hud. Whats the Red thing mean? and the number linked to it? (says zero in the pic) and it had a ring around it that i saw get filled a little.

Thanks for your help

After the yellow bar around it gets filled your MAG can release a speical move type thing... Assuming it's been leveled up enough, and seeing as you're at level 1 - it probably hasn't. ;)

The red thing isn't anything special. It's your player colour when you're online (always red when you're offline, single-player). As there are 4 people in a team, you can either be red, yellow, blue or green and this is dependant on when you join the game etc. The first player on there (ie. the person who sets up the game) is always red.

Evil Dragon's correct. The bar fills up and is directly proportional to the number beside it. It's for the MAG's Photo Blast, providing your MAG (a little robot helper, there are lot of different types) has learned one. PBs are like special attacks, and you can use them when your PB gauge (what that number and bar represent) is at 100.

PSO is great fun. I know the games very well indeed, and have played them ever since the Dreamcast v1. You can't play it online with the Dreamcast since several months back, because they took down the servers. I'm getting a Gamecube soon and already have the Broadband adapter and game itself (these are very hard items to come by in the UK), so I should be online within a month or so.

By the way, you cannot play this game offline without an Xbox Live! account. This is the reason I am not getting it for Xbox!

Edited by Caelamia