Save Trees? Stop Using Toilet Paper :D

This thought came to my mind. If we are trying to save trees, stop using Toilet papers. Billions of people use Toilet Paper every day multiple time. STOP IT and Save Trees. 

I suppose I don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity of OP with that mindset!

I like having a clean ass, there is nothing better than good quality TP except a seat warmer!

On 8/9/2018 at 3:35 PM, SpeedyTheSnail said:

I suppose I don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity of OP with that mindset!

I like having a clean ass, there is nothing better than good quality TP except a seat warmer!

Try a Japenese toilet.  Washes and dries you clean as a whistle once you've done your business. So much more hygienic.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2018 at 3:45 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

Try a Japenese toilet.  Washes and dries you clean as a whistle once you've done your business. So much more hygienic.

I have a fear of water jets lol. I just saw this product this week on a commercial: 

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/our-products/fresh/wipes

"Gentlemans Single Use Bathroom Wipes", brought to you by the dollar shave club. I spit my food out watching that commercial.

*Disclaimer: I do not use Dollar Shave Club products nor do I have any affiliation with them. It's just a funny [ok maybe not that funny] commercial.

• 2 months later...

Ew. Human poop can leave rashes on your crack if left unwiped. No thanks. I’d rather have my ass be as squeaky clean as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

if we went back to making paper out of hemp there wouldn't be an issue;

hemp grows quickly and is easily to mass produce for cheaper than cutting down trees in a forest that took probably hundreds of years to grow to the size it was...

On 8/16/2018 at 12:53 PM, techbeck said:

want to help, then when a tree is cut down, plant a new one in its place.

and wait like a hundred years for that new tree to be as big as the one that was cut down...

again, hemp grows super quickly and is possible to grow in mass ..... there is no good reason besides the lumber companies' greed that hemp is still illegal. Hemp doesn't even produce THC like Marijuana does so THAT'S not even a valid excuse...

I'm trying to get my fiancee to stop using so much at once. She's stubborn and says she can't help but use that much...there's a reason why we go through so much in a certain time span. >_<

2 minutes ago, ssj4gogita4 said:

I'm trying to get my fiancee to stop using so much at once. She's stubborn and says she can't help but use that much...there's a reason why we go through so much in a certain time span. >_<

Show her the image below:

5 hours ago, Steven P. said:

7g87X41.jpg

^ saves on TP

^ saves on TP

• Haha 1

Trees are a renewable resource.  There is nothing wrong with cutting down trees to make paper, as long as it is done responsibly.

Sorry, a bidet is not going to clean well enough.

1 minute ago, RichardK said:

Trees are a renewable resource.  There is nothing wrong with cutting down trees to make paper, as long as it is done responsibly.

Depends on the water pressure though?

4 hours ago, Brandon H said:

and wait like a hundred years for that new tree to be as big as the one that was cut down...

again, hemp grows super quickly and is possible to grow in mass ..... there is no good reason besides the lumber companies' greed that hemp is still illegal. Hemp doesn't even produce THC like Marijuana does so THAT'S not even a valid excuse...

Oh, I agree but my comment was initially that planting trees will help more than not using TP.  Lots of issues of other issues arise out of that.   Hemp should be legal every where.  Hell, marijuana should be legal every where.  Only reason it is not is because of the lumber industry smear campaign all those years ago.  Much much quicker, and cheaper, to make paper, rope, and many other things out of hemp.  Lumber industry would take a big hit so they prevented that, for a while. 

7 minutes ago, RichardK said:

Cannot keep cutting without planting more.  Eventually, the well will run dry with the amount of paper, and other consumables, the world consumes.  Hopefully with more things going digital, that will help cut down.  Would be interesting to see a comparison on things like paper usage in the 90s and earlier as compared to today. 

Trees take a while to grow, sure.  But if people replaced as much as they take, eventually we will get to a point where we have a continuous supply.