• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Doom Eternal

Recommended Posts

+trag3dy    3,967

I don't know if it's too early for an official thread but this is a thing, so here we are:

 

 

(the game looks amazing)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+trag3dy    3,967

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim K    12,675

 

Take all my money (I don't have much...but take it).

 

November 22, 2019

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,720

Never could get in to the last Doom.  Slow, boring....got tired of it soon after playing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
virtorio    3,063

We must have played a different Doom.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,520
1 hour ago, Jim K said:

 

Take all my money (I don't have much...but take it).

 

November 22, 2019

shut up and take my money! wow that was an awesome trailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZakO    456
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Never could get in to the last Doom.  Slow, boring....got tired of it soon after playing.

IMO you need to play it on the higher difficulties for Doom 2016 to be fun. Originally I played it through on 'Hurt me plenty' and thought the same as you, slow, boring 5/10 game. Recently played it through again on Nightmare (and then Ultra-Nightmare) and it completely changed my opinion on the game, it went from 'meh' to one of my favourite current-gen games. Combat feels much faster/more intense when you actually get punished for being hit, makes you completely change your playstyle. 

 

Definitely looking forward to Eternal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,720
6 hours ago, ZakO said:

IMO you need to play it on the higher difficulties for Doom 2016 to be fun. Originally I played it through on 'Hurt me plenty' and thought the same as you, slow, boring 5/10 game. Recently played it through again on Nightmare (and then Ultra-Nightmare) and it completely changed my opinion on the game, it went from 'meh' to one of my favourite current-gen games. Combat feels much faster/more intense when you actually get punished for being hit, makes you completely change your playstyle. 

 

Definitely looking forward to Eternal

Gets to hard, seems like work.  And when it seems like work, I rather not play.  I play games to relax and have fun.  And if I have to grind to much or constantly get my ass handed to me, it is frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+trag3dy    3,967
9 hours ago, Jim K said:

 

Take all my money (I don't have much...but take it).

 

November 22, 2019

I'm there.

 

It is a little bit of a kill joy to see that there is a season pass for dlc though.

 

Steam page:

 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/782330/DOOM_Eternal/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,693

The 2016 Doom was a game that initially didn't interest me. I gave it a go when I got my Game Pass and loved. The pace is great and I love exploring the levels to find the hidden bits.

 

Watching the game play videos above has definitely got me interested in these games. The new weapons and being able to climb up walls will definitely make things more interesting. 

 

For those talking about ramping up the difficulty, I play on Hurt Me Plenty and it's a challenge!! My skills are definitely not what they used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orange    117

I thought that of the old Doom game played few minutes to say 1hr didn't find it that good. 1 year later after release date i played again and loved it. Can't wait for this one looks fantastic!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomcoleman    230

building a new rig purley for this game, already started ordering the parts.

 

Lian Li PC 011 etc ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.