Need a good TV 65 inch screen protection.

Hello. I have a 65 inch screen that I would like to protect it from from screen damage. I came across Vizomax and it looks decent, but it do not ships to my location (I even emailed the company but no luck).

Any ideas around this? I am open to anything even making one from acrylic if it works ?.

Please advice me. 

10 hours ago, DKAngel said:

shouldnt really need it, like who touches a tv like a smartphone?

I take it you don't have little kids ...

30 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I have kids, they have never touched the TV. Little ones too, just made sure that they were scolded if they did and told to stay away from the TV.

6 hours ago, DConnell said:

err i have 2 actually, and 3 tvs in the house and vairious other things,not one of them as ever touched the tv

OP wasn't asking for opinions regarding the application of screen protectors.

OP, doesn't Amazon ship to the UAE (assuming that is where you are living)?

You have this ... which man, it is is expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/inch-Vizomax-Screen-Protector-Plasma/dp/B008TBSAL8/

You have this instructable guide on creating one yourself.  That might be the best route anyway...especially if you're just trying to protect it from flying controllers or little hands.

https://www.instructables.com/id/TV-Screen-Protector/

Kind of surprised there aren't more manufactures out there ... seems like Vizomax and TV-Protector are the only ones.

10 hours ago, DKAngel said:

err i have 2 actually, and 3 tvs in the house and vairious other things,not one of them as ever touched the tv

My cousin's kids won't leave the TV alone. Between using the controls on the TV itself to hijack the TV (they constantly lose the remotes as well) and leaving fingerprints. Once they even smeared glue all over the screen for some reason!

meh, TVs are cheap these days.  For the off chance of something that may happen, not worth close to $300 for a protector. Plus, looks like the screen protectors will just increase screen glare.   Personally, I would just mount the TV up higher, if possible, out of the reach of the kids.  Or secure it so the TV cannot be tipped over.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

meh, TVs are cheap these days.  For the off chance of something that may happen, not worth close to $300 for a protector. Plus, looks like the screen protectors will just increase screen glare.   Personally, I would just mount the TV up higher, if possible, out of the reach of the kids.  Or secure it so the TV cannot be tipped over.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Jim K said:

OP wasn't asking for opinions regarding the application of screen protectors.

All part of the discussion.  Offering opinions/different solutions.   Personally, I would pay $10 and get straps for the TV so it will not  tip over/fall over.