Network Redundancy Procedures & SNMP Scripts

Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I have ring network topology comprising 6No. Hirschman RSPE switches as per attached. There are two main control panels which runs propriety data acquisition software. This is a time critical data acquisition system whereby 30No. POE ADC’s are hanging off one of the 6 switches.

I have an issue! The system is P2P, whereby if I lose a link between two of my switches that is part of the route the network is currently using to route traffic to the primary workstation,  then the proprietary software running in the workstation falls over and requires a manual restart because it won’t tolerate any interruption in data due to RTP. The redundancy procedures in these managed switches are just not fast enough for my application. So I’m wondering if there Is a SNMP script that could run in the background in the workstation to detect said event, i.e. 

IF link(s) down AND lost link(s) were part of the route, THEN restart DAQ.exe

restarting the software allows the comms to reconfigure and stabilise under the new network route.

Im trying to mitgate the need for any human intervention to manually invoke the DAQ.exe restart. I understand a star topology could have  mitigated this issue, but I am pretty much stuck with the topology I have  now so any workarounds or suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks

Capture.PNG