Wiring a dryer

Well, in the schematic, its labeled as the Door Switch. The switch as a common pole, a normally open terminal and a normally closed one. Get your multi-meter out and determine what terminal is which (although its likely labeled on the switch in very small print) and replace the existing door switch

5 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

Well, in the schematic, its labeled as the Door Switch. The switch as a common pole, a normally open terminal and a normally closed one. Get your multi-meter out and determine what terminal is which (although its likely labeled on the switch in very small print) and replace the existing door switch

Hi, Yes i can which one is NO, NC and com on the back of the switch but I am not sure which wire to connect each one. there is a brown and yellow wire and a white wire coming from the motor and a white one coming from the door itself. Any help is appreciated.

could be wrong.. but based on schematic...

White From Door = NC (normally closed)
Brown/Yellow From Motor = NO (normally open)
COM = White from Motor

But it's hard to say as the schematic doesn't really show a white wire coming from the motor... I can see where it goes from red -> black -> yellow -> white though..

That said, should be relatively easy to just take one off and put it in the same spot on the replacement switch...