• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Media Creation Tool For Windows 10 Build 17763.1 RTM is now available for download!

CyberChief    1

The link takes you to MediaCreationTool1803. The build or version for 17763.1 is version or build 1809?

gate1975mlm    110
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, CyberChief said:

The link takes you to MediaCreationTool1803. The build or version for 17763.1 is version or build 1809?

The first link is a direct link for 17763.1 RTM

I had to change 1803 to 1809 in the download link found on Microsoft Media Creation Tool web site.

Edited by gate1975mlm

mls67    14

Even though it downloads the .exe. running it requires you to update the media creation tool which links back to the 1803 version

cork1958    1,442
Posted (edited)

So, are both those links what I would need to reinstall Windows 10 on a desktop that has been switched to Linux?

Yes, I know I would have to be on a Windows machines to create the Media Creation Tool.

You can't simply burn ISO to disc and install? Still trying to figure out this stuff for a friend who keeps debating on if he wants to switch back.

Edited by cork1958

minoverta    0

Media Creation Tool 17763.1 gives an error writing to a USB flash drive. But downloading a ISO, through Media Creation Tool 17763.1, and using Rufus (creating an UEFI USB flash drive) works perfectly. Installed and running. 

erpster3    22

Microsoft has temporarily stopped the 1809 downloads several days ago due to serious problems

1809 will be re-released later this October