2002 Winter Olympics!!!!!

Yeah!!! Star Wars RuLeZ!!! ;) March 2002 --> JK2 ;)

btw.

they should fire the director, what crappy camera switching, face with pimpels, whole stadium, face, whole stadium again, face, stadium , stop switching damit!!

alot :right:....i was trying to get my new avatar to work (actually tried 2 avatars n failed with the first avatar after an hr or so, so i gave up) and now using this one...it was ****ing me off but i'm happy i'm done lol....

hope whistler gets the 2010 games :D...i'll try to get tickets for the games

hope they do well in hockey..they didnt do too well in '98 in hockey, although canada still did better than the US...but since the US has an advantage this year Canada will probably do worse than the US

Originally posted by ashtray13  

As long as Canada wins hockey i'm happy :D

Oh yeah, this is really gonna happen. You haven't won gold since 1952!

Now, before this gets out of hand, this is meant in good fun. It's fun to tweak the hockey mad canadiens' nose over that one, hehe. We love you Canadiens, but you guys just suck at Hockey! :D ;)

Well, if the Americans don't win i hope Canada does, but it has been 50 years since you guys won gold and the US has done it twice since '52!

Truthfully, the whole Olympic Hockey thing (and Basketball for that matter) is sorta ridiculous. The team with the most NHL'ers is the one that is most likely going to win. It's time the Olympics went back to having amateurs[/] on the teams! Jeez...

What's next? An olympic USA baseball with Barry Bonds, Mike Piazza, Roger Clemens, et al on the team? Come on!

Olympic Hockey and Basketball get a clue! Ban the pros!

Someone just told me this yseterday...the reason that the olympic symbol is blue, black, red, yellow, and green is because every flag in the world has atleast one of those colors.

If I were bill gates I would buy a small country and change the flag to orange and purple :evil:

just remember that canada has still won more medals altogether than the US in hockey...canada better do well this year or else it proves that athletes in canada DO need funding (just like in the '98 games when we sucked badly), my dad knew the associate coach for team canada for the 98 hockey olympic team

i have friends from utah, some of them say they thought or think that utah is gonna be filled with ppl, we had the pan american games out here in '99 in canada (olympic trials for the summer games if u get gold in an event u get to go to the '00 games and its for all of north america/south america) lol, and canada did ok in some events back then n we got gold in one of the running events in the pan am games all cuz the cuban runner who got first place was positive with drugs n fidel castro got p/o. They spruced up the city just for the games n advertised famous local landmarks (legislature, mint, the forks (a famous meeting place out here)), and canada's most famous band ended up playing at the closing ceremonies n it was watched by over 100,000,000 ppl worldwide i heard

Originally posted by Michael  

I live in Salt Lake City, UT and it's cool that the olympics are finally here.  I liked the opening ceremony last night :>

Yeah, it was a great opening ceremonies. It had a few really cool moments. Have to admit that it was hard to hold back the tears when that tattered flag that flew at the WTC came in though.

Originally posted by Weasel  

Someone just told me this yseterday...the reason that the olympic symbol is blue, black, red, yellow, and green is because every flag in the world has atleast one of those colors.  

If I were bill gates I would buy a small country and change the flag to orange and purple :evil:

no the rings represents the continents, asia, europe, amercia, amercia, Asutralia/Oceania, and africa (i think)

According to most accounts, the rings were adopted by Baron Pierre de Coubertin (founder of the modern Olympic Movement) in 1913 after he saw a similar design on an artifact from ancient Greece. The five rings represent the five major regions of the world: Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania. Every national flag in the world includes at least one of the five colors, which are (from left to right) blue, yellow, black, green, and red. It is important to emphasize that Pierre de Coubertin never said nor wrote that the colors of the rings were linked with the different continents.

Go Australia, BTW I want one of those Winter Olympics ski jackets!! :ditsy: