We Moving!

We (well, me and my parents) are moving to a new house. We had it build by a building company (cant think of name just now) So we picked out what we liked, and they build it. This has been built over the summer. We were supposed to move in June, but they had problems getting the paperwork applied to our city. Our city says you have to have it this way, that way...

But luckily after 6 months, we are finally given the keys.

We are moving tomorrow. We will have movers come tomorrow morning, and take out our major appliances. Fridge, Freezer, Washer, Dryer, Couch, Chair, End Tables, etc. Most of the stuff already packed will go as well.

I'm just think, we should move the computers by ourselves. We don't want broken stuff... (screens , computer parts)

Spectrum is coming to our new house, too, tomorrow. To set up internet/phone/tv. I want to use THEIR modem device. We do have our own, yes, but it is a hell lot easier using their thing. Reason, we have our modem, and also a phone modem. I want them all in one.

I think the big push for a new house was because of my Mom. About a year ago, she fell down hard stairs at church. I think that is what she wanted. Everything on one floor.

Here's a basic layout of our house: (ignore the network crap....)

Top left room is my room. Bottom left is office/guest bedroom, Master is my parents. And rest you can see. :)

oX9WosS.jpg

OK, day 4 in our new house, still a lot of crap laying around in boxes. We got maybe 75% of our old house cleaned of clutter.

Have my computer and internet going. Will have to crnge some wires, though. Spectrum guy didn't touch the Cat 5e cord going to our 3 rooms.

Though, I suck at making wires. With my colorblindness, it's hard to see certain colors. Mainly the green and brown... I'll get my Dad to help ;)

I'm only on wireless. OK for web surfing and YT. :)

Always fun to move, especially after it's done!!

What tier are you getting on with Charter? I have them (21 years now) and have never had any issues. Have always used my own modem though. Hate the fact they've locked down most of their modems so you can't see logs. Do they have gig service there and are they slapping you with the $199 install fee, if you're getting that.

I have their 100/10 tier but waiting on the free upgrade to 200/10 in my area.

We have Spectrum. We pay ~$100 a month for phone/tv/internet. We have a 100/10 connection.

We are now using their modem, as it is free now. (not the $10 a month fee to use their modem)

Spectrum has been rather nice to us :)