A "small" phone that has flagship specs that don't cost an arm and leg?

Hehhe, sorry for the catchy title. I'm rocking an almost 3 year old Nexus 5x, and I've been thinking form time to time on changing it to something more decent. Problem is that I'd like a phone that has a similar size or smaller footprint than my Nexus 5X  (It measures 147 mm),  and that it doesn't cost too much (iPhone XS, Pixel 3 and S9 are great, but they're a bit too pricey). 

Have there been any phones that have come out in a smaller size? I'd love to get a Pocophone, but that thing is huge!

5 minutes ago, Jose_49 said:

Hehhe, sorry for the catchy title. I'm rocking an almost 3 year old Nexus 5x, and I've been thinking form time to time on changing it to something more decent. Problem is that I'd like a phone that has a similar size or smaller footprint than my Nexus 5X  (It measures 147 mm),  and that it doesn't cost too much (iPhone XS, Pixel 3 and S9 are great, but they're a bit too pricey). 

Have there been any phones that have come out in a smaller size? I'd love to get a Pocophone, but that thing is huge!

So far, there's the OnePlus 6t - and nobody else (at least if you're in North America).  The plus is that you can purchase it straight from T-Mobile (and take it to VZW, Tracfone, or keep it on T-Mobile); the minus is that you can't take it to Sprint (and I have zero idea about AT&T).  Tracfone is an option (despite them being an MVNO) because they use VZW and T-Mobile networks - I took my ex-VZW Snapdragon-driven S7 there, and I'm quite happy with it.  Of course, you can also purchase the same phone from OnePlus directly.  The price is one reason I recommend it (at WORST, it's $700USD for the top-tier model; if you are willing to skimp, you can get it for $100USD less (either T-Mobile or OnePlus.com); I don't need dual-SIM support, and I can simply pull the T-M SIM from my current phone and port the number from said phone as well.  The only thing i may sweat is the camera (the S7 does have a decent camera - easily the best camera I have had in a phone to date); however, that is it.

44 minutes ago, Jose_49 said:

If you enjoy the update experience of a Google phone, nobody else comes close. Get the non-XL version of a Pixel or Pixel 2 both likely available as open box or refurbs in your local stores for a good price.

The actual size of the new Samsungs is a lot smaller than the specs would suggest so consider a non-plus S8 which might be the best value right now in phones since they sold do many of them they exist in vast quantities when people upgraded to the S9

Also, the somewhat older but still good LG V20 is still the most advanced phone with an actual replaceable battery and was just upgraded to Android 8.

Hello,

You might want to look at some of the offerings from Motorola and Nokia.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

For personal use I have a iPhone 7 Plus, but for work I have a Nokia 6.1.

I had a Nokia 3 given by my corporation, but it was getting slow and specs were not that great.

So 2 days ago at 199€ I bought a Nokia 6.1 for work, awesome phone, smaller than an iPhone 7 Plus, but still decent screen size, running Android 9.

Highly recommend Nokia 6.1.