Rheem water heater

wow, so sorry to hear that. This is all I am going to try before I buy a new one. Where did you get urs and if u dont mind me asking of the price? I am going with a 50 gallon tank instead of 40 which i currently have coz it takes a while b4 the water gets hot.

Also, Did u install it urself or did a electrician / plumber install it for u?

I went to Lowe’s and found a floor model for $230.  I have a space issue where it can be no wider than 18 inches without making walls disappear.  

Installed myself, I have the tools from doing other plumbing work in the house.  

I have have a family of 5.  Once the hot water is gone it takes about 30min for me to get hot water again.  I looked at tankless/unlimited hot water and it required several electrical runs due to having 3-4 elements. 

2 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I went to Lowe’s and found a floor model for $230.  I have a space issue where it can be no wider than 18 inches without making walls disappear.  

Installed myself, I have the tools from doing other plumbing work in the house. 

How many gallons does urs hold?

Just now, sc302 said:

A guy who works at lowes told me he paid for one of the brands lowes sells and it cost around the same as u paid. With an electrician / plumber he paid $300. Do you know the brand and model number of urs?

3 minutes ago, sc302 said:

It was an AO Smith 40 gallon.  It was their 6 year series.   It was the last one in stock (floor model) and it was dented very slightly. 

https://m.lowes.com/pd/A-O-Smith-Signature-40-Gallon-Tall-6-year-Limited-4500-Watt-Double-Element-Electric-Water-Heater/1000213649

I will look doe it at a lowes near me. You have been great with quick responses and information all day. TYVM for that and all others as well. SC302. Is it ok to ask more things about water heaters tomorrow if i need to? I will in this thread if it is ok.