Wasn't Halo 1 supposed to be re-released...

This was a rumour, not exactly annouced but you never know, it may come soon or even bundled special edition with halo 2 , thats just my opinion

ahhhh i see. I thought it was officially announced at some point. Ooops :)

Don't know if Bungie would take the time, with Halo 2 going on and all. You can make Halo (and any other system link game) work over the Internet. You just need a hub (not a switch), PC/Laptop and your XBox. Download XBoxGW. The setup is pretty simple, just make sure to open up the TCP and UDP ports on your router/firewall that XBox uses.

Since I don't have a Linux box at home so I use the floppy version. If you have broadband without a static address visit What Is My IP Address? before loading up the gateway software. My friends and I play System Link Halo all the time and XBoxGW works great. :yes:

maddog, that works great if you know your opponents beforehand. what people want is an online portal like xbox live. if halo was re-released with xbox live support, you'd better bet your ass i'd buy it again :yes:

Don't know if Bungie would take the time, with Halo 2 going on and all. You can make Halo (and any other system link game) work over the Internet. You just need a hub (not a switch), PC/Laptop and your XBox. Download XBoxGW. The setup is pretty simple, just make sure to open up the TCP and UDP ports on your router/firewall that XBox uses.

Since I don't have a Linux box at home so I use the floppy version. If you have broadband without a static address visit What Is My IP Address? before loading up the gateway software. My friends and I play System Link Halo all the time and XBoxGW works great. :yes:

Why a hub and not a switch, both are same except switches are generally better for gaming :huh:

I know you can go that route but no voice support right??

Not going to happen. Stupid people started these rumors just to get attention. And then Bungie stepped in and said "not gonna happen"

So there ya go. Wait for Halo 2, pretty sure it's worth the wait

I remember reading something about XBConnect www.xbconnect.com I think. From memory it had Lobby like systems where you could find other people. Can't really remember, didn't check it out as I don't have broadband. Might be worth it to look into it though.