Error popup

Looks like you got malware installed on your PC.  VBS file looks very suspect.  You should be able to manually delete the VBS file from the path in the screenshot, but I would do a complete malware scan of your system.  If there is malware, chances are the file will come back.

22 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Looks like you got malware installed on your PC.  VBS file looks very suspect.  You should be able to manually delete the VBS file from the path in the screenshot, but I would do a complete malware scan of your system.  If there is malware, chances are the file will come back.

Can i delete it and then do the scan or just let the scan take care of it and if it dont just delete it?

Looks like it's already been deleted, but its trying to run it.  

Remove it manually from RunOnce and related registry keys and run MalwareBytes.  You can probably use CCLeaner, also, to remove from registry.  Just save the registry backup.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/setupapi/run-and-runonce-registry-keys

21 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Can i delete it and then do the scan or just let the scan take care of it and if it dont just delete it?

I would recommend doing a full scan.  Something got installed and you need/want to make sure nothing else is installed.

Edit:  Yes, does not matter if you delete before/after.  Just verify that it does not come back.  And do a few complete scans of your system for malware.

Edited by techbeck

looks like you have  a vb script trying to execute from somewhere.  you will need to find it and delete the vbscript  so that it cannot execute....looks like it is in that startup folder path in the error ;)

You will probably want to check for malware.

Hello,

It looks like you have a remnant of some malware left over after cleaning it?  You might want to check with your anti-malware (aka antivirus) company's technical support department and ask them to help you review your system to make sure everything was correctly removed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

install Kaspersky free and make full scan

Geographical distribution of attacks by the Trojan.VBS.AutoRun family

Trojan.VBS_.AutoRun_EN.png