It's not just 'idiot' that brings up Trump in Google search

While we were all laughing at "idiot" returning images of Trump, you might want to try this one too http://lmgtfy.com/?q=snake+oil+salesman

Searching for "snake oil salesman" in Google and then switching to images shows a few Trump images as well.

SNAG-0046.png

Discuss!

Yet another reason to avoid Google. 🙄

Not that I needed any more.

Let's see ... I really just use their free Usenet access these days, so let's see what I can do to eliminate that while keeping in touch with my friends in alt.toys.transformers ... Forte Agent is only $30, and Forte's Usenet service is $6 for 50 GB a month, including access to binaries. With a 30 day free trial for both. 👍

(I was planning on this switch anyway, but this little bit of "humor" was the last little push I needed.)

Google does need to address Google bombing. The problem for them is filtering out accurate results along with fake results.

Since this is an image search for a snake oil salesman and Trump is a very public figure, it's logical that a picture of him to look like a snake oil salesman would appear near the top. So, this isn't a Google bomb, it's a somewhat accurate result.

Now, for other searches, it really depends on your definitions.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DConnell said:

Yet another reason to avoid Google. 🙄

Not that I needed any more.

Let's see ... I really just use their free Usenet access these days, so let's see what I can do to eliminate that while keeping in touch with my friends in alt.toys.transformers ... Forte Agent is only $30, and Forte's Usenet service is $6 for 50 GB a month, including access to binaries. With a 30 day free trial for both. 👍

(I was planning on this switch anyway, but this little bit of "humor" was the last little push I needed.)

What are you planning on switching to?   Bing and DuckDuckGo also return many images of trump when you search for idiot or moron.   It isn't Google doing this, it is just that many people associate him with those words.

• Like 2