AMD drivers

On 12/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, Bruinator said:

Hi, I am looking to update graphics card drivers. My laptop is asus x550za. Here is a msinfo saying the date of my drivers from 11/20/2014 which is outdated and i think, is causing my laptop to lockup on a daily basis:

https://imgur.com/a/UcfRf0c

Can someone plz direct me to the exact driver need?

TIA

That MSinfo is only saying the date of your BIOS is 2014, not your drivers.  Not even remotely close to the same thing.

Your laptop probably needs to see a decent PC tech.

What about it didn't work?  Was there an error message?  Did you grab the right version?  (64 or 32-bit)

The Auto-Detect didn't work either?

50 minutes ago, farmeunit said:

What about it didn't work?  Was there an error message?  Did you grab the right version?  (64 or 32-bit)

The Auto-Detect didn't work either?

Nope. I think it is something else and not the graphics driver. Any ideas guys?

6 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Nope. I think it is something else and not the graphics driver. Any ideas guys?

That page Hoochie linked has a newer BIOS that might help. 

New audio drivers might help (I had a similar build that was crashing for no reason until I updated them, which was weird given it was 2017 and I thought we were past that crap. :p )

Taking it to a technician might help (it's an old laptop and could just need thermal issues fixed.  Alternately, if it is that, you can use an external laptop cooler.)

Refreshing the OS might be annoying, but it also might help.

When it's locking up, do you get a blue screen or does everything just freeze?  Just wanted to make sure.  The BSoD error can give a clue sometimes.

If you look in Event Viewer after restarting and look around the time it froze, that can sometimes tell you what is happening, also.  

LostCat also has good points.  Update all your drivers and BIOS.  Blow our your exhaust ports also.  They'll collect dust over time.